How to use a Kingsley US power supply in the UK , voltage and pins related query.

TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
edited February 2018 in FX
I spoke to Simon Jarrett of Kingsley tonight when I was joining his order list for a version 2 Kingsley Minstrel tube overdrive pedal. That pedal is shipped with the US 500ma 9vdc power supply which simon says you can use in the uk with the right adapter. Obviously you have to change the power supply from running on 2 pins to 3 pins and convert the voltage from US 120v to UK 230v........what would I need to buy to accomplish these requirements ?

40 weeks lead time on the pedal, Simon came across as a super knowledgeable guy, very easy to talk with and he rang me from canada. Minstrel sounds astonishing and with a vintage voiced head like the origin 20w should be a mind blower and then some.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    wouldn't it be good if there existed a DELETE Pedal that when you made a mistake you just clicked on the DELETE footswitch and it removed it...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Isn't Simon Jarrett British?
    Surely he would know what you need?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    It’s better to just get a UK power supply of the right spec than make a lash-up with a stepdown transformer, although that will also work.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    I've had a few Kingsleys. I wouldn't faff about with Simon's PSU. Just buy a UK one that does 9v at 500ma. You have a few months