NGD - The Sequel

What's Hot
BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
So after something of a false start, the new love of my life is now in my possession! Same guitar (American Professional Strat) but in a different colour. Having talked myself into the Sonic Grey at PMT, it started to really grate on me after a little while.

It has to be said that PMT were absolutely excellent about it (almost two weeks after the initial purchase) and had no hesitation in allowing me to get it in another colour - even moving the guitar from Portsmouth to Bristol as there was no stock of Olympic White and Rosewood in Bristol.

I've never bonded with a guitar so instantly, it just felt completely right from the off. One happy chappy. Apologies for the super grainy photo but iPhone camera and overcast is not a good combination! Tomorrow is going to be spent polishing the frets and oiling the board thanks to the advice of @Alnico before going off to the tech for a basic once over on Saturday.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good choice. PMT in Northampton are also great. Beautiful strat!
    "Pick your noses up!"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strat1990 said:
    Good choice. PMT in Northampton are also great. Beautiful strat!
    Thats depends on who you get in the store. 
    Most of the guys are helpful but there is some deadwood in there. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Good reports from a mate of mine about a recent experience of shopping in PMT in Brum 
    mad well. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    That's beautiful but sonic grey is one of my favourite fender colours, wish it was available when I bought mine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely - classic colour combination you have there.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    thegummy said:
    That's beautiful but sonic grey is one of my favourite fender colours, wish it was available when I bought mine
    I talked myself into liking it - I think mainly because it was there and available at the time. As time went on I really started to dislike it so I was really pleased that they were accommodating as I absolutely love the Olympic White. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    edited February 2018
    Let me guess...You like Jimmy Hendrix, you're a bloater and you strut your stuff in your y-fronts by the bathroom mirror.

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3996705/512full-the-baldy-man-screenshot.jpg
    *Whispers* Shoulda gone with Sonic Grey
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    When I got my American Pro Tele I had to wait for GuitarGuitar Edinburgh to get one in Sonic Grey as that was the colour I really preferred.

Must admit, Olympic White looks the nuts too!
    Schnozz said:
    Let me guess...You like Jimmy Hendrix, you're a bloater and you strut your stuff in your y-fronts by the bathroom mirror.

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3996705/512full-the-baldy-man-screenshot.jpg
    *Whispers* Shoulda gone with Sonic Grey
    Well you’ve got me pegged. 
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I'm at  loss your strat isn't black ???

All joking aside the best guitar in the world is the one that makes you want to play it ;)
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Well you’ve got me pegged. 
    Haha - HNGD!  B)
    Nikc said:
    I'm at  loss your strat isn't black ???

All joking aside the best guitar in the world is the one that makes you want to play it ;)
    Absolutely, and I can hardly put it down! 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Every time I see this colour combo it makes me want it despite having a cool coloured Strat myself. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Love it.

Thank Gawd you took back the sonic grey one - horrible colour.