SRV's first guitar up for auction

designerseye88designerseye88 Frets: 987
edited February 2018 in Guitar
I remember seeing a video of Norm showing this guitar as he was trying to broker it for a collector, Guessing the deal didn't go through, So If you partner is wondering what on earth to get you for a valentines gift........

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/stevie-ray-vaughan-first-guitar-fender-broadcaster-is-hitting-the-auction-block-1951-jimmie
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14237
    tFB Trader
    no link so far but I recall he said it was his Pride n Joy
  • New link has been added!  Yes i didn't realise he was searching for it before is death. Shame he wasn't reunited with it. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    I'd rather have his Rickenbacker 360 Capri to be honest...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

tFB Trader
    New link has been added!  Yes i didn't realise he was searching for it before is death. Shame he wasn't reunited with it. 
    that's better and thanks - at that type of price it makes you wonder if SRV could have afforded to buy it back - nice story with it so thanks for posting - I'm a big SRV fan
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Says it has a maple body. Isn't that a bit unusual?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22809
    Sassafras said:
    Looks like ash to me.  And a 3-piece body?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    Sassafras said:
    It would be if it actually did.

It's ash.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Philly_Q said:
    Sassafras said:
    Looks like ash to me.  And a 3-piece body?
    That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.
    tFB Trader
    some very early late 40's prototype models used pine but I'm not aware of a maple bodied black guard Tele !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    edited February 2018
    New link has been added!  Yes i didn't realise he was searching for it before is death. Shame he wasn't reunited with it. 
    that's better and thanks - at that type of price it makes you wonder if SRV could have afforded to buy it back - nice story with it so thanks for posting - I'm a big SRV fan
    It wouldn't have been worth so much as a non original Broadcaster (as some claimed it was) or indeed the Nocaster it most likely is back in the late 80's and nor would it have been worth a whole lot whilst Stevie was still alive, so I'd say it could have afforded it happily back then. 
    Wonder if it will actually sell this time, its been auctioned a few times already and failed to make the reserve price. Despite what the brokers tell you, its not all that sought after.
    Jimmie Vaughan talked about the guitar last month at NAMM in an interview with The Guitar Magazine, he referred to it as a Nocaster that he bought new for $175.....(at the 1.44 mark).

https://youtu.be/Xxi1IjsD7rA?t=1m44s