Mini Compressors (sorted)

What's Hot
not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
edited February 2018 in FX
After a mini compressor for my small board. I use a Suhr Koji on my full board but it’s a pain swapping it between boards. 

Had as an Xotic SP years ago and that was my first thought, but are there cheaper decent alternatives, as this board is for rehearsals and the smaller grotty pubs. 

I do like having the blend/mix control on the Koji (and the SP also had that). 

Recommendations?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sod it, getting another SP. 
  • Had five minutes googling whilst waiting for the tumble dryer to finish. The micro  ones seem to divide into quite expensive (Xotic, MXR and so on) or quite cheap ( Mooer and cheaper). Although the micro pedal market in general doesn’t seem to have much mid range except for the Ibanez ones ( no compressor though). There is the Hotone KOMP and the Ovni Labs review seems to rate it a bit better than the Mooer ( both based on the Diamond ) but it’s still basically the expensive end of the cheap end. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4783
    edited February 2018
    Pigtronix Philosophers Tone Micro? Decent price for an optical comp with a blend control, plus all the settings are on top of the pedal unlike the SP. There's a demo by Andy for PGS somewhere on YT of both the micro and the standard, they sound the same regardless.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    Boromedic said:
    Pigtronix Philosophers Tone Micro? Decent price for an optical comp with a blend control, plus all the settings are on top of the pedal unlike the SP. There's a demo by Andy for PGS somewhere on YT of both the micro and the standard, they sound the same regardless.
    I had the normal version and found it quite a noisy pedal, compare to my SP and Cali 76.   
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4783
    Can't say I had any particular noise issues to be honest, I was using it with a GigRig Doubler so it was completely isolated. Different setups give unique issues maybe?

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.