A difficult build and fantastic customer service

What's Hot
Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
I’ve had an absolute nightmare with this pedal between ordering the wrong size parts, running out of others and a mysterious grounding problem when I was testing it it took a long time to finish.

The main problem was when I finally came to box it up the damn thing didn’t fit.

I import drill templates into gimp when I’m designing graphics for a pedal and always check the measurements but Mr Fuzzdog’s are always spot on so this time I didn’t bother.  This time being the one where the tone pots couldn’t possibly fit where they were marked on the drill template and where I had drilled the holes in my now finished enclosure.  I double checked I hadn’t made a mistake but everything was definitely in the right place so I emailed Lee at Pedal parts to let him know about it.  

Just to be clear it states that their drill template is approximate only and that they will accept no responsibility for improperly drilled enclosures.  I wasn’t emailing to complain it was definitely my fault for not measuring but I wanted to let him know in case anyone else had the same problem.  

I received two replies - one to say thanks for letting him know and he’d have a look and the second to say yup that mark should have been 4mm lower and to apologise for the mixup.  He also suggested using 9mm pots so I could still use the same enclosure and that he’d send me some.

2 days later the pots arrived and I got the pedal boxed up this weekend without having to scrap my enclosure and refinish a new one.

Its a long post but we don’t hear enough about good customer service and Fuzzdog’s is great.  I’ve rarely had a problem and when I have he’s gone well above and beyond to fix it.  

The man’s a legend thanks Lee.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments