Is this idea worth pursuing?

What's Hot
Started with the initial bass synth sound, then progressed from there....any legs ?

Mac Mini i7, 2.3Ghz.
Presonus Studio One Pro.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 317
    Yes

Joining aside I like it. It could work well as either the basis for verse or chorus depending on what mood you want to set elsewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I like it. An uplifting anthem like track. Get the lighters out.

btw. I might be being a bit cheeky but, If you don't do anything else with it, a shortened version would be good as a backing track for a future Solo of the Month (SotM) challenge and would save me some work.

It's not a competition.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 330
    Lots of great sounds there in a nice mix, promising and very listenable.

For me, this kind of song usually succeed or fails based on how much effort is put into creating an interesting melody.  You can avoid this difficulty by writing the melody first but since it’s going in last it’s going to take hard graft!
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 15
    Yes, you should flesh this out into a full song, really like the pulsing, reverse bass synth, very Cool! 

• spark240spark240 Frets: 841
    Thanks folks.... shall persist ...

FYI - I used the Axis Supersport with the Kemper, I use Studio One DAW, AD drums with some synth sounds from Hive and Noiiz. 

Mac Mini i7, 2.3Ghz.
    Presonus Studio One Pro.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 2574
    Needs a distinctive vocalist to cap it off. Chrissie Hynde, Sherryl Crow, Jennifer Warnes, that sorta style.
    I fear the Geeks, even when they bear GIFs.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 841
    Needs a distinctive vocalist to cap it off. Chrissie Hynde, Sherryl Crow, Jennifer Warnes, that sorta style.
    Ill give em a call....;-)

Mac Mini i7, 2.3Ghz.
    Presonus Studio One Pro.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter