Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Saving the best for last

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Slayer - Reign in Blood
    Converge - Jane Doe
    Neurosis - A Sun that Never Sets
    Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
    Ween - The Mollusk
    Yob - Clearing the Path to Ascend
    Sleep - Dopesmoker
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Arcade Fire - Funeral
    The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Belong
    Jamie XX - In Colour
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion (seriously)
    LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
    Stop crying, start buying
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22826
    Sleep - Dopesmoker
    I'm assuming you're not counting the bonus track(s)?
  • Nope, just my little joke
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Feast Of Wire I disagree with though, Quattro and Stevie Nicks are better songs.
    I meant the bonus track version with Fallin' Rain at the end. (Hence the comment about bonus tracks ;).) I know it's not their song originally...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22826
    Nope, just my little joke
    I was going to say I prefer the first track. ;)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Marillion Script for a Jesters tear - last track Forgotten Sons
    Camel A nod and a wink - last track For today
  • Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland, epic last track on Born to Run
    A few more...

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
    Cinerama - Torino
    Genesis - Foxtrot (bit of a cheat since it's the whole of the second half!)
    Heather Nova - Storm
    Idlewild - The Remote Part
    KD Lang - Ingenue
    Kate Bush - Never For Ever
    Neil Young - American Stars 'n' Bars
    Robbie Williams - Sing When You're Winning

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited February 2018
    For No-one  - BJH from Album Everyone Is Everybody Else 1974

most epic ending... espesh if you love true vintage tone Mellotron and Strats and Fuzz  and Wah Wah and a bit of Echoplex...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    joneve said:
    Alnico said:
    joneve said:
    Alnico said:
    Iron Maiden - Brave New World
    Good shout that. There's not a long on the album I don't love, but Thin Line is a masterpiece. 

Brave New World on Spotify

It doesn't contain my favourite 'Maiden' song (Dance of Death) but for me, it's the best full album they ever did and that's not an easy choice to make.

It got me through the darkest part of my life about 18 months ago. I was aware of the album but in 2000 I was a trucker who had no time for new releases (and no money) so other than the radio play or overhearing, I didn't really "Get into" the album until @digitalscream commented to me one day on "That last 2 minutes of 'The thin line....' on Brave new world.
    I listened to that and that ending solo made me fucking cry.
    From that point on and through some really scary shit I had to face, it became 'The Album' that summed up that whole period of my life and literally became the soundtrack to it.

I got this poster to hang behind my Strat which thanks to one of my best friends, I got around the same time and the styling cues on my Strat are no accident...

https://i.imgur.com/Ns6WIox.jpg

There are only a few albums I couldn't live without but that is now one of them.

What an awesome story. The whole last couple of minutes of Thin Line is spine tingling. 

Funny that your favourite Maiden song is Dance of Death. Musically I love it (as it show cases each of the playing styles of Ade, Dave and Janick so well) but I find the lyrics so cheesy that I can't take it too seriously. 

I must add, however, that I LOVE DoD as an album, despite everyone moaning about how bad it's produced. 
    Totally agree with everything about BNW. I think A Matter of Life and Death just edges it for me though, I was put off by comments on how it is basically unmastered, but it does add something to the album as a whole.

And keeping on track - The End is Here by Alter Bridge. Always been a firm favourite.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Stone Temple Pilots No4 I think the last track is Atlanta which is one of my favourite STP tracks
    57Deluxe said:
    For No-one  - BJH from Album Everyone Is Everybody Else 1974

most epic ending... espesh if you love true vintage tone Mellotron and Strats and Fuzz  and Wah Wah and a bit of Echoplex...
    It is, although it's partly the segue from Poor Boy Blues into Mill Boys and then into it that makes it so great.

I've always wanted to know what that fuzz sound was done with too, but I've never been able to find out.