Broken zips on MONO pedal board case

What's Hot
ThomFrippThomFripp Frets: 20
Hello!

Both of the zips have come away from the teeth on my MONO pedal board case, anyone know how easy it is to fix this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• We've used these people for a rucksack repair previously, rucksacks and outdoor gear share a lot parallels with gig bags. The prices on link should give you an idea of cost.

Alternatively I wonder if seamstress/clothes repair person would take it on? Might be too heavy duty for their machines perhaps.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    Rub candle wax onto the teeth to lubricate them and they might line up again if you pull the zip across them with firm-yet-careful force. fixed a few zips this way. 
  • Sorry, thought you meant the tape bit of the zip had disintegrated, if it's just the metal or plastic runner has come off its track this is the established method as used by my mum ;)
  • Thanks everyone - in the end I emailed Mono and they recommended I take it to a shoe repair shop, a nice man in the Manchester Timpsons fixed them both with a set of pliers, free of charge!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whatever you do don't leave the carrying strap on and pull on that when taking it out of the car. I did and it ripped. Totally unfixable by the shoe shop I took it too but fortunately I was in warranty and mono kindly replaced it for me. It is a weak point though on the cases so be aware 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/