Can anyone recommend a guitar tech in surrey/hampshire/london that are good with offsets

What's Hot
My jazzmaster has become really hard work, i'm hoping a professional set up and fret dress might do the trick. Can anyone recommend a place that has experience with these guitars?

(I know any tech should be fine in theory, i've just had bad experience in the past with people refusing to even work with it, or it coming back with a worse set up than when I gave it to them, hopefully they are so common now its not an issue any more)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Charlie chandler in Hampton wick...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Simon Jones in Portsmouth is a master. 

http://www.sglguitars.co.uk/ ;
  • ColsCols Frets: 7082
    Richmond Guitar Workshop, run by the two Andys formerly of Chandlers.  They did an absolutely fantastic job on my Les Paul.

http://www.richmondguitarworkshop.com/
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    We know our way around Jags and Jazzmasters etc very well

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • winter_reverbwinter_reverb Frets: 39
    edited February 2018
    We know our way around Jags and Jazzmasters etc very well
    cool thanks, croydon is do-able. The problem i'm having with it is that it has extremely poor sustain (even by jazzmaster standards) on higher frets, i'm hoping a full set up and fret dress might do the trick, how much would that cost? thanks
  • poopot said:
    Charlie chandler in Hampton wick...
    Charlie has worked on a couple of Jaguars for me and was fantastic. One was borderline unplayable and he turned it into a 100% reliable gigging workhorse. Call him!
  • thanks for the replies everyone
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    Fret dress would cost you £120 but I would want to look to see also if the break angles over the bridge and nut are sufficient, it’s a common issue with jags and jazz masters . Sometimes a change of neck angle in the body pocket can assist an improved break angle and sustain with it.
    some players resort to the buzz stop roller which can have a similar effect. That not withstanding a fret dress may be of great benefit.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Thanks, I shimmed the neck myself but it would be good for a professional to take a look at the neck angle, I will email you
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    I can highly recommend @FelineGuitars - their set-up work is exceptional.
  • What bridge have you got on it @winter_reverb ?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • A staytrem
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited February 2018
    good with offsets? - you mean wears a made up shoe or has one ball bigger than another??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>