NVGD x2 (One Belated)

What's Hot
peteripeteri Frets: 1283
I know it's only February, but I'm done for the year (contract with myself).

Most recent purchase - from @skippy76 (utter gent and recommended), previously worked on by @jumping@shadows - a 1953 Les Paul Conversion.

Started off as a goldtop but was stripped, hand painted and had a Bigsby fitted in the 70s, now has a PAF in the bridge and an early PAT in the neck.

Sounds better than any guitar I've played and is an absolute joy.

https://i.imgur.com/DuAaOEY.jpg

And got this about a month back from Atoyboy - took a bit of a punt on this, I've had a previous bad experience with another vintage dealer, but saw this on his site and 'felt' right.

1969 (double good for me, birth year and Angus era!) Gibson SG Standard, all original with t-tops - which scream.

https://i.imgur.com/15LqBd2.jpg

I am absolutely done for the year! (4 new guitars by Feb is just tooo much!)
0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FUCKING ACE
    Well done!
  • Yeah - you win! No one else need post a NGD for the remainder of this year.... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Sg looks yum
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Hat. Doffed. Jolly nice work indeed...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14237
    tFB Trader
    both look nice - would be nice to see how that conversion handles it self both regarding feel and tone 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2018
    both look nice - would be nice to see how that conversion handles it self both regarding feel and tone 
    If I may pitch in, as I played it earlier today - it sounds and feels utterly amazing. Really lays bare the difference between a reissue and a proper old Les Paul. The pickups are wonderful.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    My word...

• Happy to see this killer guitar wild in the community :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• This will be along soon too :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Bucket said:
    If I may pitch in, as I played it earlier today - it sounds and feels utterly amazing. Really lays bare the difference between a reissue and a proper old Les Paul. The pickups are wonderful.

To add to this, best comparison I have is to my 72 Custom, night and day - the tone is much sweeter, and probably more versatile. The custom screams 'rock' and to be honest the tone controls are useful but not much below say 5, the conversion has a usable sound at every point on the dial.

I've played a few Rxs and as bucket said, big difference - anecdotally I would say lighter by quite a bit, neck is reasonably thick but nothing like you see on a lot of re-issues (I still maintain the shoulders are wrong on the re-issues, much more rounded on the conversion).

Nothing against Rxs, certainly used they're a fair bit cheaper - but really chalk and cheese.

I'll be bringing it along to the Southern Jam (likely refretted by then) if anyone wants a go 

• That conversion is an absolute stunner! 
  • Do I just send you an invoice through pay pal for my pants?

This thread needs a warning!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12358
    peteri said:
    Bucket said:

To add to this, best comparison I have is to my 72 Custom, night and day - the tone is much sweeter, and probably more versatile. The custom screams 'rock' and to be honest the tone controls are useful but not much below say 5, the conversion has a usable sound at every point on the dial.

I've played a few Rxs and as bucket said, big difference - anecdotally I would say lighter by quite a bit, neck is reasonably thick but nothing like you see on a lot of re-issues (I still maintain the shoulders are wrong on the re-issues, much more rounded on the conversion).

Nothing against Rxs, certainly used they're a fair bit cheaper - but really chalk and cheese.

I'll be bringing it along to the Southern Jam (likely refretted by then) if anyone wants a go 

They do!