Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Favourite Old Grey Whistle Test Performance.

What's Hot

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Budgie said:

New York Dolls

Do you think the New York Dolls were actually 'live'.   =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    great thread, that's my evening's entertainment sorted

• John Otway & Wild Willy Barrett. Maybe not the most sophisticated act you'd ever see on Whistle Test, but damned good fun

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Some great stuff here. Can anyone answer a question I’ve had since I was a kid, please... what the hell is the light bulb man kicking a star graphic at the beginning all about? Used to freak me out. My parents went with it, but then they were rock fans in the 70s and used to Roger Dean album covers.
  • AlexC said:
    Some great stuff here. Can anyone answer a question I’ve had since I was a kid, please... what the hell is the light bulb man kicking a star graphic at the beginning all about? Used to freak me out. My parents went with it, but then they were rock fans in the 70s and used to Roger Dean album covers.
    He’s “the star kicker”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Be Bop Deluxe playing ‘Maid in Heaven’

Saw it when broadcast as a nipper, having never heard of them. Still one of my favourite songs ever. 
  • fobfob Frets: 1430

• blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    National health on ogwt 1979. Famous for John Greaves spawning the prog legend of throwing a tray of cutlery on the floor, how avant-garde is that eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3dlt1TGAKo

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    west said:
    Philtre said:
    Not a Meat Loaf fan but this was...memorable:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

This ^   i was SO enamered by bob kulicks Bc rich mocking bird ( at the time obvs )  i bought 2 ... 87992 and 87993 ... i bought the first in that music shop in roath /cardiff who were the only uk dealer  for a grand and traded in my randy rhodes 1979 les paul custom for £400 quid  what a twat ;( but lol , and about a year later one second hand from a lad in sheffield for £500 i think ... i played the marque ( the real one in wardour st )  the following week and my guitar tech said have you looked at the serial numbers and low and behold consecutive serial numbers a great gig ensuded and i got my cock sucked after ... which was nice ...
    That's a very dedicated guitar tech!

I loved the Wardour St Marquee club - my favourite weekly haunt in the mid 80s

The other guitarist in the band is Bob Kulick - later with Kiss

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    edited February 2018
    proggy said:
    Deadman said:
    And The Damned have got to be the only ones who '''lost it" during a performance:

That drummer obviously wasn't happy that day.
    Of all the musical eras I've missed, Punk is the one that I don't regret - Utter shite.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mort said:
    Be Bop Deluxe playing ‘Maid in Heaven’

Saw it when broadcast as a nipper, having never heard of them. Still one of my favourite songs ever. 
    Couldn't agree more...

https://youtu.be/tGDQ0RQ-R04
  • https://youtu.be/MZ2DdrTPY58

https://youtu.be/9ARTgy5V4MI

https://youtu.be/y5DW1LuFGjs

Remember those cartoons they used to do on the New Years Eve specials..?

https://youtu.be/yK0jmWG-5_Y

Wis’d for ‘Shipbuilding’
  • Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians - Brenda's Iron Sledge (1985)
    This was a eureka moment for me at the age of 18. I've been to see Robyn Hitchcock approaching 50 times since then and will be doing so again in May.

Link to my trading feedback
  • westwest Frets: 996
    west said:
    Philtre said:
    Not a Meat Loaf fan but this was...memorable:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

This ^   i was SO enamered by bob kulicks Bc rich mocking bird ( at the time obvs )  i bought 2 ... 87992 and 87993 ... i bought the first in that music shop in roath /cardiff who were the only uk dealer  for a grand and traded in my randy rhodes 1979 les paul custom for £400 quid  what a twat ;( but lol , and about a year later one second hand from a lad in sheffield for £500 i think ... i played the marque ( the real one in wardour st )  the following week and my guitar tech said have you looked at the serial numbers and low and behold consecutive serial numbers a great gig ensuded and i got my cock sucked after ... which was nice ...
    That's a very dedicated guitar tech!

I loved the Wardour St Marquee club - my favourite weekly haunt in the mid 80s

The other guitarist in the band is Bob Kulick - later with Kiss
    Worth a lol , the marque was great !  i went to the charing cross one much later , it just wasnt the same ....
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Schnozz said:
    proggy said:
    Deadman said:
    And The Damned have got to be the only ones who '''lost it" during a performance:

Of all the musical eras I've missed, Punk is the one that I don't regret - Utter shite.
    Deepest sympathies to you and those who wis'd you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Schnozz said:
    proggy said:
    Deadman said:

You weren't there man, you weren't there [shouted in 'Nam style]
  • Can anyone find the clip of King Crimson playing "Frame by Frame" ? I've seen it a 1000 times on Youtube, but it seems to have disappeared. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Can anyone find the clip of King Crimson playing "Frame by Frame" ? I've seen it a 1000 times on Youtube, but it seems to have disappeared. 
    It was on TV this week! Superb, I ordered the album the same day on CD (my vinyl copy hasn't been played for about 20 years due to no record player). Damn fine track from a damn fine album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    John Martyn , I love this

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383

This one has a good story behind it. Normally rock stars wear shades to look cool right? Wrong. Prior to going on, Sting was keen on making his Barnett look good so was busy with the hairspray. Apparently me missed and sprayed himself in the eyes. Obviously a massive problem and after lots of water later he could see but is eyes were massively red and bloodshot. Hence the sunnies.....but watch closely as he scrunches is nose up in an attempt to stop said sunnies sliding down is nose due to sweat!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024