Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Beautiful songs/albums you can't listen to anymore

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    edited March 2018
    John Martyn’s Grace & Danger is a tough one for me. It’s a ‘divorce’ album - probably in my top ten of all time - but since getting divorced myself, I find it difficult - not helped by the fact that JM played it in full the last time I saw him play, about 10 weeks before he died as well.

I still listen to it occasionally - but rarely in full.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    Soundgarden's Superunknown - The soundtrack to my "one that got away". "The day I tried to live" in particular. Very painful how I could muff something up so badly... left with a feeling of naivete that's never far away when "Black Hole Sun" comes on Planet Rock. Cringe..
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I had a university friend who died out of the blue aged 30. He used to sing Screaming Trees "Dollar Bill" at gigs/parties when the acoustic came out, still find it difficult to hear years later.
  • I may have got this thread wrong but Screamadelica by Primal Scream - I was 17. I was blown away by this girl (weren't we all - her name was Frances) She loved sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll more than me or any of my mates and her enthusiasm for the above shocked me.... I wanted to get high and f*ck she wanted to get utterly wasted and f*ck all night - this glorious realisation was sound tracked by this incredible album. 

I lost her to the big city (Manchester) and dance music (quality house and breaks in fairness to her) - but much fun and good music was encountered along the way. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    Ashamed to say Damian Rice’s first album. Beautiful, messy times. I suddenly realised how it felt to be Leonard Cohen, unfortunately without the lyrics. :)
  • Dance with My Father - Luther Vandross
    cant bear to listen to it since I lost my dad.  I did used to dance with him quite a lot when I was younger so it really hits home.

The Carpenters I Can Dream and Dido, White Flag
    a very complicated and deep unresolved relationship..... 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5629
    The one song I can't listen to is Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos.  I absolutely adore her work and I think it's a terrific song but when the subject matter of the lyric was revealed to me I have been unable to listen since.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    Rock Bottom.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • Currently struggling with Hysteria by Def Leppard and I Want The One I Can't Have by The Smiths.

Why? Because I'm a soppy twat who needs to the grow the fuck up. 
  • blobb said:
    Rock Bottom.
    Robert Wyatt, UFO or Lyndsey de Paul?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Iowa by Slipknot- because it was in the CD player that was stolen.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Barcelona by Freddie & Monserrat. 
    It was played at Dad's funeral.