What is that effect box that converts guitar signal to midi sounds without midi pickup?

axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
Saw it here a while ago, can't remember what it was now???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4921
    Sonuus?
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    yup, sonuus do one: http://www.sonuus.com/products_g2m.html

or you could try jamorigin for softsynth stuff. I use their v1, it's extremely good. But Sonuus if you want to stay in hardware.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I'm sure there was something that came up here a few months ago, some kind of floor unit with built in sounds etc??? My memory ain't what it used to be!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    edited February 2018
    Boss SY-300.

Edit: wrong!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    ICBM said:
    Boss SY-300.
    Unfortunately the SY does not do MIDI out conversion or I’d have kept mine :(
    sweepy said:
    ICBM said:
    Boss SY-300.
    Unfortunately the SY does not do MIDI out conversion or I’d have kept mine :(
    Ah... my mistake. I assumed that because the socket is marked MIDI *Out*/Thru and not just Thru that it did.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    It’s well hidden in the manual too, definitely would be a huge bonus if it could transmit to other generators
  • Could you use one of sonnies midi converters with the Roland Gr 55?
  • Could you use one of sonnies midi converters with the Roland Gr 55?
    sonuus, sorry
  • Boss gt100 and gt001 do monophonic MIDI conversion I believe. Possibly the new gt1000 too?
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Bashing the headstock on a midi keyboard works for me.
    Someone posted a video in a thread, I'm sure it was a blue box on the floor (not a GR55!)
    axisus said:
    Someone posted a video in a thread, I'm sure it was a blue box on the floor (not a GR55!)
    Do you actually mean MIDI, or just synth sounds?

If it's just the sounds you want and not the pitch-to-MIDI conversion then it's still the SY-300 (which is blue).

ICBM said:
    axisus said:
    Do you actually mean MIDI, or just synth sounds?

If it's just the sounds you want and not the pitch-to-MIDI conversion then it's still the SY-300 (which is blue).

Yeah thanks, that must be it - as I said I didn't remember it right!