Andertons now saying 20.05.18 for Marshall Origin 20w head.

What's Hot
TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
Mine ordered 25.01.18 with 10 day delivery estimate, takes a huge push back to april and has now been pushed back to 20.05.18. No new demo's , no reviews, no schematics, nor anything new since namm finished, could something be very wrong here ?
1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited February 2018
    I did mention this would happen with Andertons . Always inflating the facts 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • We have the Marshall demo guy in on Tuesday. He’s bringing some in, so we’ll try and get some video..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    I played one yesterday so I don't need need to see any demos :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    and knowing Marshall they probably mean 18th May 2020 !
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Well, we know that NAMM stands for "Not Available, Maybe May". ;-)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28173
    I had a bet with myself that you'd already have posted something silly and Andertons-bashing.

I'm sure you can explain why they're responsible for manufacturers slipping dates...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I had a bet with myself that you'd already have posted something silly and Andertons-bashing.

I'm sure you can explain why they're responsible for manufacturers slipping dates...
    Off you go snowflake 

They’re clearly not responsible for manufacturers shipping dates yet they seem to always have an initial date that’s way outside what others have quoted. 

Ol’ Mr Anderton sat at his desk pulling dates out of a top hat 

Many others have agreed with me on this point on this very forum along with sales items that they don’t even have in stock. Once again with bullshit lead times that are misleading and damn right unfair to potential buyers. 

Especially as they charge the customer upfront in full for preorder items unlike GG etc who only want £50 

So call it bashing or whatever but people need to me made aware about how this particular shop does business 

Now have a nice day you grumpy sod 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3156
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    I had a chance to play the Origin 20 today at TGS - it's VERY good. I spoke to the Marshall guys about dealer delivery dates for the Origin range and it was always going to be mid-May, I think that Anderton's just fluffed up when loading the product onto their system, it happens.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmps said:
    I had a chance to play the Origin 20 today at TGS - it's VERY good. I spoke to the Marshall guys about dealer delivery dates for the Origin range and it was always going to be mid-May, I think that Anderton's just fluffed up when loading the product onto their system, it happens.

Rift, 20w head or combo ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RiftAmps said:
    I had a chance to play the Origin 20 today at TGS - it's VERY good. I spoke to the Marshall guys about dealer delivery dates for the Origin range and it was always going to be mid-May, I think the Anderton's just fluffed up when loading the product onto their system, it happens.
    Yes I think it's more likely finger-on-the-keyboard trouble rather than any dark agenda :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Plectrum said:
    RiftAmps said:
    I had a chance to play the Origin 20 today at TGS - it's VERY good. I spoke to the Marshall guys about dealer delivery dates for the Origin range and it was always going to be mid-May, I think the Anderton's just fluffed up when loading the product onto their system, it happens.
    Yes I think it's more likely finger-on-the-keyboard trouble rather than any dark agenda :)
    Then they need to replace the guy with the river dance fingers as this is a constant thing with them 

And I think they do have an agenda. Making product releases look imminent or in the very near future in order to give them the edge over other stores with people laying down their money in full thinking that they have some particular arrangement with said company in that they will be receiving first shipments etc 

Would the OP have paid in full for the item with them  if they’d printed an honest ‘in stock’ date of May? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    edited February 2018
    to be honest andertons and their preorder this and that is a bit annoying. when i ordered and paid for the origin 20w head it said normally 10 days, not the 4 months it has become. had they have been honest about the wait i wouldnt have paid yet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    edited February 2018
    RiftAmps said:
    and in the limited namm clips steve said they were ready to go when the truth is they plainly are not.......real classy Marshall 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Watched Steve play the dsl40r and the origin 20 combos today at the guitar show.  The dsl40r sounded way better in his demo. Thicker clearer richer.  He's a decent shredder is Steve. 
    to be honest andertons and their preorder this and that is a bit annoying. when i ordered and paid for the origin 20w head it said normally 10 days, not the 4 months it has become. had they have been honest about the wait i wouldnt have paid yet.
    I can understand that. The only thing I've ever pre-ordered (not through Andertons) was my Marshall CODE 50 which took something like 5 months to appear. But in the meantime they'd decided to raise the RRP by about £30 over what I paid so I actually got a very good deal :)
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited February 2018
    This is exactiy what I mean.

If you had gone elsewhere like GG then you would have only paid £50 to secure the amp. I specifically remember most stores just stated ‘Available to preorder’ but with no date or lead time given at all 

At least they were honest in that they didn’t have any sort of arrival date info at that time. And what’s £50 down compared to the £459 he’s been screwed out of by deliberate misleading statements on the premise that there was an advantage to the customer if you buy with them 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • We have the Marshall demo guy in on Tuesday. He’s bringing some in, so we’ll try and get some video..
    If possible, please can you try and capture something that demonstrates the amount of gain you can get with humbuckers? That would be really useful for me
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    If they haven’t shipped yet, and you’re not happy, then surely you could get a full refund from Andertons and go and pay GG a £50 deposit, for the same delivery date.
  • Plectrum said:
    RiftAmps said:
    Then they need to replace the guy with the river dance fingers as this is a constant thing with them 

And I think they do have an agenda. Making product releases look imminent or in the very near future in order to give them the edge over other stores with people laying down their money in full thinking that they have some particular arrangement with said company in that they will be receiving first shipments etc 

Would the OP have paid in full for the item with them  if they’d printed an honest ‘in stock’ date of May? 
    No axe to grind here, but that's been exactly my experience of Andertons too, on both of the occasions I bought something from them. An initial delivery date given that was well ahead of anyone else to secure the order, the entire amount being taken from my card up front, and then that estimate being pushed back a few times until it was eventually missed by several months 

I put the first one down to bad luck and then learned my lesson when EXACTLY the same thing happened the next time around. You can dress it up however you like but it's clearly a tactic and it's actually just a bit shit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Chappers actually told Lee to do it "it will annoy people on the Fretboard" he said...

Ironically, on one of his NAMM videos about these new Marshall amps, Lee said "so these are actually available, in production..." as a half-joke.  He puts out the dates he gets told no doubt, he can't really put on his website when he is so cosy with them "will be delivered when Marshall get their ass-elbow diagram printed out".

Side question, is it just because they are a new range from Marshall people are stoked about these?  What is the big selling point for everyone?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom