Machine Head/Tuner Replacement for Gibson G Force - Schaller or Grover?

What's Hot
So the G Force is coming off my Les Paul Double Cut and something a little more Luddite is going on.  I was going to fit some Grover 102 Series but then happened upon these locking Schallers which seemed extremely good value.

Does anyone have any experience of them?  Good?  Bad?  Before I pull the trigger...
Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72328
    They're very good, as long as you don't mind the look of the keys - to me they 'just look wrong' on a Gibson. Probably residual trauma from all the 1970s hack jobs I've seen...

Bear in mind that the screw hole position doesn't correspond to any of the 'right' Gibson tuners and so you can't later swap without it showing, if that is ever likely to matter.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    ICBM said:
    They're very good, as long as you don't mind the look of the keys - to me they 'just look wrong' on a Gibson. Probably residual trauma from all the 1970s hack jobs I've seen...

Bear in mind that the screw hole position doesn't correspond to any of the 'right' Gibson tuners and so you can't later swap without it showing, if that is ever likely to matter.
    Thanks for the advice. Will ponder...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited February 2018
    Thanks again for the advice. Trad-ish aesthetics won out, so I ended up going for a set of tulip headed grovers.

http://www.hotroxuk.com/grover-102nk-original-rotomatic-3-a-side-tuners-in-nickel.html
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer