Me Attempting To Sound Like Jeff Beck

What's Hot
Been a member of this ‘ere forum for a while and just realised I’ve never publicly displayed my playing (for what it’s worth). This is me jamming along to my looper. Been a huge Jeff Beck for many years and the tone and style I’m after here are influenced by him. Not a brilliant recording - just live ‘as it happened.’
Any comments welcome - good or bad. I haven’t gigged in years now and have no idea where I stand as a player in the grand scheme! 

https://soundcloud.com/user-793326269/beckish
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    That looper backing doesn't quite sync which is a bit disconcerting. I'd really like to hear your playing with a decent backing created with a Trio+ or similar. The present backing detracts from the lead playing IMO. Definitely Beckish :)
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    @Jimbro66 Agreed that it isn’t the best backing. I should’ve taken a bit more time over this - downloaded a recording app then opened a souncloud account and then wanted to see if it all worked. haI May surprise you that my 2 main guitars are Yamaha Pacifica’s - that particular one my wife bought me second hand for £160!
    Thanks for feedback, mate!
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    AlexC said:
    @Jimbro66 Agreed that it isn’t the best backing. I should’ve taken a bit more time over this - downloaded a recording app then opened a souncloud account and then wanted to see if it all worked. haI May surprise you that my 2 main guitars are Yamaha Pacifica’s - that particular one my wife bought me second hand for £160!
    Thanks for feedback, mate!
    It just goes to show that its not necessary to spend thousands to make good music ;)

Jeff Beck has been a long-term favourite player of mine too. I like that he's inventive and prepared to take chances in his playing. He doesn't keep regurgitating the same tired old blues licks that others of his generation do/did.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom