V30 Countess MKII

What's Hot
Kinda fallen out of love with my Blues Junior, I use its clean with pedals as driven itself any higher past breakup just sounds a bit pooh 

Have decided to find something valve based that has a good high headroom warm (I.e. not sterile e.g black star HT5 that I had previously.....just put that one down to ‘experience’...) clean channel plus a Marshall style OD channel

I figure I could boost the clean channel, clean boost to break it up or tubescreamer style, and also the same pedal to get from rhythm to boosted lead sounds - therefore giving me 4 sounds from an amp and one pedal.

Im not counting modulation or delay / reverb here, would prefer them in an fx loop

I unplugged my pedals one evening and went straight into the amp and was blown away with the sound quality taking all those effects out (tuner, wah, bad monkey, Guv’nor, trem, chorus, analogue delay)

I’d taken a liking to the V30 original, and that seems to fit the bill above

questions:

any thoughts on the Countess? Worth waiting for the MKII or not?

Anything else I could consider? 

I use use a mex 60s Strat and SG standard, both stock pickups.

cheers, Scotty ;-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• i_b_tullochi_b_tulloch Frets: 105
    I played a countess V30 mk1 today not expecting much but it was bloody fantastic. It was at a mates place so I didn’t have my Friedman’s there but it certainly felt like it could hang with them, and the small form factor is Amazing.
    My Trading Feedback Link is here i_b_tulloch

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Just picked up a mkii and matching 212 cab. Its epic and i feel more versatile than the mki. Being anble to footswitch between the original tone stack and the brighter tone stack is seriously cool.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom