MJW Amps Update Thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 202
    ennspek said:8
    martinw said:
    I haven't seen this on any of your amps but can you fit a line out/DI at the back of your amp designs @martinw ;

Yep, I've done several.
    You can have a simple resistive one to a jack socket, or a transformer one to a balanced XLR jack.

Ooooh wow then I think I'll have to be speaking to you soon then. I'll email and discuss my plan and wish list :)
    You will not regret it.
    @martinw might, though  ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 1921
    ennspek said:
    hotpickups said:
    Ooooh wow then I think I'll have to be speaking to you soon then. I'll email and discuss my plan and wish list :)
    You will not regret it.
    Thanks! 

Hope yours is still going well.
    :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
     The latest from the MJW workshop us a good example of what can be done with a traditional design. This is an Electra, configured as a brownface 6G6 Bassman, with a couple of tweaks.

The basic circuit is unaffected  but there's an added mid boost switch, a negative feedback defeat, and a master volume. With the MV fully up, it us transparent to the circuit, so you get the original amp unchanged, but can rein in the volume when required, accessing all the lovely fruitless you get from this type of amp when cranked.

Tech-heads will note the valve rectifier from the 6G6, whilst the bulk of the preamp is from the more developed 6G6-B.

A really satisfying amp to build and play, resplendent in smooth blonde :) 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 33
    Fit?  Abierdeenshire!  Turra!

Ah nivver kent yon aire wis a min ootbye Turra fa gart bespoke amplification!

Ah hiv seen aathin' noo...

Div ye maak a vertical 2 x 12 speaker cabinet?

Aye aye ma loon,

DDig

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

:) :)

Fit like DDig?

Yep, I'm out here in the fields with the coos!

(I'll not do the Doric...I'm married to a local quine, so I'm ok understanding, but my speaking is saved for private! :D )

And yes, I do vertical cabinets, either properly vertical like a 2x12 on its side, or diagonal like a small 4x12.

Cheers!

• DdiggerDdigger Frets: 33
    No, I don't speak Doric either, but I can follow most of a conversation.

Amp build quality looks fabulous.  Unfortunately, I have just bought an amp, but I may need a cab...

Cheers,

DDig
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1026
    His cabs are also splendid.