Praise for Feline (and they give me a happy ending)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I’m thinking about taking my PRS to @FelineGuitars for a set up and good fettle, seems like a really well respected business 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Really wish they were nearer to me.  :/
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader
    Very nice job indeed @FelineGuitars !
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    timmysoft said:
    I’m thinking about taking my PRS to @FelineGuitars for a set up and good fettle, seems like a really well respected business 
    Few things I enjoy more than having my frets well fettled, a tasteful re-lacquering and a happy ending.

Having had the pleasure of repeatedly caressing one of @FelineGuitars specials, reserved for the most exclusive of clientele, I believe I can thoroughly recommend their discrete services to the discerning guitar-playing gentleman.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    timmysoft said:
    You absolutely should. Jon is a gent. Just make sure you get ample time on the parking meter, hours can slip away!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    timmysoft said:
    Honestly - just do it! I've three guitars re-fretted there and one 'a good fettle' (turned out to be a fret dress and setup), all were night and day improved.

Agree on the meter comment - Jon is good company
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    They did the blue PRS that I later had stolen with 6100 wire. It played like butter afterwards. Such a neat job. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    Lovely fret job. Did you get them to flatten the radius to 9.5” or 10” while they were at it?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited April 2018
    That's a very nice guitar.  You must be chuffed with it!

I always thought the CBS 'block' logo worked much better on a Tele too, I could never come to terms with it on a Strat peghead.

You've got all four screws present in the neck joint, and no horrible bullet truss rod adjuster to spoil the view.  For me, that's got to be about the sweet spot for vintage Fenders without getting into pre-CBS instruments and their attendant Russian oligarch price tags.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    I'm looking at those photos and thinking "are you sure they haven't just swapped it for a brand new neck?!". It's just immaculate, amazing craftsmanship.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    That's one lovely looking Tele.
    BigMonka said:
    I'm looking at those photos and thinking "are you sure they haven't just swapped it for a brand new neck?!". It's just immaculate, amazing craftsmanship.
    Made me laugh!

In terms of the improvement they could well have done to be honest - but no it's the same ;)
    Thanks for all for the kind words - yes you're all absolutely right, an amazing Tele has emerged - and has completely changed my mind on Teles.

To be honest I got one because it's one of the guitars you 'should' have, I've never really got them before.

Complete convert - just sound wonderful and are so versatile, insanely good.

And would certainly double as a decent weapon - feels so solid!
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    I sold a Heritage LP off forum a few weeks ago - the guitar had been into Feline for a fret dress when it was new

Out of the blue, I got an email last night from the buyer asking who did the fret work on the guitar, as it's the best he's ever seen / felt

He rated it so highly that he wanted to get Feline to look at the frets of another guitar for him

Oh, and he's in Australia

@felineguitars into (world) domination too then, I guess?
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    SunDevil said:
    I sold a Heritage LP off forum a few weeks ago - the guitar had been into Feline for a fret dress when it was new

Out of the blue, I got an email last night from the buyer asking who did the fret work on the guitar, as it's the best he's ever seen / felt

He rated it so highly that he wanted to get Feline to look at the frets of another guitar for him

Oh, and he's in Australia

@felineguitars into (world) domination too then, I guess?
    We like that!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!