£11k PRS Private Stock nicked from Peach Guitars - should be tough to shift, keep your eyes open...

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited March 2018
    Could the guy have asked to have looked at the guitar, prompting the employee to unlock it, put it back, and then quickly took it down again to nick it?

Cracking CCTV images, by the way - they couldn't be much clearer! Should make it fairly easy to identify the culprits if the police are minded to investigate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Fair bit of victim blaming in this thread. Lots of jumping to conclusions based on a really short gif.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2197
    Thieving scum!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5419
    edited March 2018
    Kinda the cops’ and/or claims adjusters jobs to ask the questions IMO. Those details matter zilch to us. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    Philtre said:
    hobbio said:
    Fair bit of victim blaming in this thread. Lots of jumping to conclusions based on a really short gif.
    No there isn't There are people asking for facts.
    No, you insinuated it wasn't locked in the first place despite being told it was. The facts are there, but some people here, you included, are choosing not to believe them without a level of proof that is frankly none of your (or my, or anyone else's on the forum) concern. I'm sure the police and the insurance company have all of the necessary facts.

I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, it just moves the focus away from the actual scumbags who stole the guitar. They are the villains here, not the shop owner. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Let's all relax a bit. It's a PRS. 
    20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The video only shows the moment of the theft, to try to identify the criminals. That is literally the only reason it was posted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    They have confirmed why it was stolen. Apparently he's only an NHS dentist.
    22reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    hobbio said:
    The video only shows the moment of the theft, to try to identify the criminals. That is literally the only reason it was posted.
    Exactly why people are asking what the video doesn't show. The guitar being unlocked.
    But this detail is not important to anyone other than Peach, the cops and the insurance company. 
    Why does that matter? It's irrelevant, unless you're saying it's ok for someone to steal something as long as it's not locked up.

The video is to help identify the thieves, not to give a thorough overview of the incident a la Crimewatch.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Philtre said:
    So what we have here is a shop who had a very expensive guitar nicked, then posts a video of the perps nicking it, then somehow a "locked up" guitar mysteriously becomes unlocked (based on the only evidence we have), the police and the owners ask for our help but we're not supposed to ask about the details. Right...good luck with that.
    Evidence? What makes you think you have any reason to see evidence of anything, other than the moment the guitar was stolen? 

If you don't want to help, then don't. That's cool. I can't help. sadly, but if I could I would, and I wouldn't demand access to the entire police report to do so.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    Are you lot 10 years old? FFS. 

Stop derailing the thread with this rubbish. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 31reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    Philtre said:
    So what we have here is a shop who had a very expensive guitar nicked, then posts a video of the perps nicking it, then somehow a "locked up" guitar mysteriously becomes unlocked (based on the only evidence we have), the police and the owners ask for our help but we're not supposed to ask about the details. Right...good luck with that.
    Christ, we’re not investigating the actual crime. The help is to ID the thieves and maybe spot the guitar itself if it pops up for sale in public somewhere. They literally are not asking for anything else and we all have more than enough info to achieve what they need. 
    This x 1000!

tony99 said:
    Right so if the whole intention of the thread was to see if anyone recognised them, why not just say that in the first post?

No, I don't know them.
    If you’d watched the video I linked to then that should have been abundantly clear.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    It won't be "popping up" in the Uk
    You only have to look at the woman to see where that's going unless it gets sold in Germany on the way which I would think is most likely.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    Dominic said:
    You only have to look at the woman to see where that's going unless it gets sold in Germany on the way which I would think is most likely.
    Sadly this is probably true. Best hope in that case might be that German customs decides to take a peek and the Brazilian rosewood is obvious to them...
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Whitecat said:
    tony99 said:
    Right so if the whole intention of the thread was to see if anyone recognised them, why not just say that in the first post?

No, I don't know them.
    If you’d watched the video I linked to then that should have been abundantly clear.

The lack of clarity came from your opening post mate. You posted video links without saying why, what or whatever.

But as I say I don't know them, nor have I been offered an 11k guitar at half price. I'll keep an eye out in the classifieds though.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    Whitecat said:
    tony99 said:

No, I don't know them.

The lack of clarity came from your opening post mate. You posted video links without saying why, what or whatever.

But as I say I don't know them, nor have I been offered an 11k guitar at half price. I'll keep an eye out in the classifieds though.
    I’m gonna type out the LOL on that. 

What’s the thread title again?
    edited March 2018
    tony99 said:
    Whitecat said:
    tony99 said:

No, I don't know them.

You read the thread title too, right?

EDIT: Posted this at exactly the same time as @Whitecat lol

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    Alright Farage, where's it going? 
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.