£11k PRS Private Stock nicked from Peach Guitars - should be tough to shift, keep your eyes open...

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited March 2018
    ^^ Having chatted with one of the lads at GAK this morning, I think most shops carrying high-end gear are aware of the Peach situation and know who to look out for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    Parker said:
    Can we, as a community, maybe use our combined skills for good and create some posters and then email them to our friendly guitar shops around the country? Someone must have time / skills to do this? 

Maybe also do one with details of the stollen item and circulate on the continent?

That's a good idea.  It would be great if shop's had the poster behind their counter.  There's only a finite amount of shops in the UK, if everybody displayed a poster it would stop them in their tracks.

Also helps that everybody who has seen this thread would recognise them.  It's a small world sometimes, if anybody recognised them when they were in a shop no doubt staff would be alerted.

@Sounds_Great_Music worth you looking at this also, if you haven't already.  I know you had a guitar stolen recently (albeit in a slightly less subtle fashion)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

I can't honestly believe they managed it, and I can't believe they have been doing it for so long.

What an atrocious pair of humans. I hope they caught and suitably punished.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Would be interesting to compare against thefts from other types of shops like HiFi shops.  There was one who was perpetrating card fraud who had pulled similar stunts in guitar shops and HiFi shops,
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    Dominic said:
    I doubt it will get that far..........the woman is obviously Roma but there are very large Roma communities in France
    <sarcasm> Eugh. Bloody French. </sarcasm>

More on topic - hoping for @peachguitarsdotcom the PRS gets found and returned and that the gentlefella and lady get what they deserve. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

The guy in the pictures looks incredibly like the consultant paediatrician who sees my daughter about her food allergies.

Obviously his job fits the profile of a PRS player, so I could be on to something.

If he had an Egyptian accent, give me a shout. He works at a private hospital in Windsor.

@BloodEagle impressive. I don't think I've ever seen so many Wis's for a post. Congratulations for hitting the nail on the head.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    that's horrible @peachguitarsdotcom , hope someone recognises the culprits and you get your guitar back intact. Happened at one of my local shops too (albeit much smaller than yours); guy with baggy trousers and a big coat nicked a Strat, neck  down one leg, and just walked out.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited March 2018
    Seesh - so much knobber behaviour ! o

Good luck @peachguitarsdotcom ; hope they find it is reasonable nick, or your insurers pony-up double quick.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320

@BloodEagle impressive. I don't think I've ever seen so many Wis's for a post. Congratulations for hitting the nail on the head.

Thanks, I'm really thrilled, but it is a source of profound sadness that nothing I ever write will connect with that number of people on this forum again.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

Thanks, I'm really thrilled, but it is a source of profound sadness that nothing I ever write will connect with that number of people on this forum again.

As you should be. You've even made Top of the Pops (weekly Fret chart). Don't put yourself down. There is normally someone else on here willing to do that for you.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Professional scumbags. There is a local fb page (Ipswich) showing the same two on a CCTV still which claims they were swiping purses/handbags in a Lidl supermarket. Different clothes but same couple. A musician friend of mine had his back pocket emptied of cash at the checkout of another supermarket by seemingly the same culprits if his description can be believed.
    I bet they are long gone out of the country.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    They will be caught, eventually, but for now I suggest we all just share the hell out of it on social media.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Enjoy it mate, you know how life is, some days you're the Pigeon, some days you're the statue.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spir4Lspir4L Frets: 87
    ESBlonde said:
    Professional scumbags. There is a local fb page (Ipswich) showing the same two on a CCTV still which claims they were swiping purses/handbags in a Lidl supermarket. Different clothes but same couple. A musician friend of mine had his back pocket emptied of cash at the checkout of another supermarket by seemingly the same culprits if his description can be believed.
    I bet they are long gone out of the country.
    I hope they will get caught as  their faces are crazy clear!

• I was pretty shocked, but it's obvious these guys know exactly what they're doing - these are professional thieves, I'd imagine. Grabbing the guitar and fully concealing it takes just a couple of seconds.

Fingers crossed they're caught and peach gets their prs back  
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    Only just seem the video on YT, and this thread...

Shocking, truly shocking. 

Here’s hoping John and the team keep on keepin on, and these things have a way of working out...
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I hope Essex police are Better than Kent police with this stuff had 4K of gear lifted from a store a while ago and the view was here’s your crime number you are insured. We also found 5 other stores in the area were hit.

Despite my protestations at the time it took a complaint to get them to even watch the CCTV. And the only real comment was these gangs work an area then move on not a lot we can do.

store theft seems to have become the price of doing business. Now I do distribution I hear a lot of that from retailers in certain areas.

to much small crime goes unpunished, so no real deterrent. I met a guy a few years back who had spent his life as a proffesional shop lifter 60 years old well retired now lives in Miami and was banned from just about every shopping centre and store in the uk. Did a couple of years for reciving and despite being well known never did any serious time for a life of crime.

i hope they catch them but some how I doubt they will unless they are totally stupid.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    I hope Essex police are Better than Kent police with this stuff had 4K of gear lifted from a store a while ago and the view was here’s your crime number you are insured. We also found 5 other stores in the area were hit.

Despite my protestations at the time it took a complaint to get them to even watch the CCTV. And the only real comment was these gangs work an area then move on not a lot we can do.

store theft seems to have become the price of doing business. Now I do distribution I hear a lot of that from retailers in certain areas.

to much small crime goes unpunished, so no real deterrent. I met a guy a few years back who had spent his life as a proffesional shop lifter 60 years old well retired now lives in Miami and was banned from just about every shopping centre and store in the uk. Did a couple of years for reciving and despite being well known never did any serious time for a life of crime.

i hope they catch them but some how I doubt they will unless they are totally stupid.

True, it's a nice little business for some with little chance of being caught as we have seen.

Far more lucrative for these pro's to steal a multi thousand pound guitar than a frozen chicken from Tesco and the punishment if caught would be likely the same.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    The police are actively asking some retailers not to report shoplifting in areas of the UK.  The easiest way for them to reduce crime figures is for large retailers not to report it.  It’s a pretty shit situation for all retailers at the minute.  
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    As a side note, we got our council tax bill this morning.

Along with 2% and 3% rises for various precepts like adult social care etc. there was a whopping 8% increase for Police and Crime Commissioner. To add insult to injury, we are given the privilege of voting for these buffoons.
This discussion has been closed.