Ariel Posen - UK Dates (July 2018)

mikeslmikesl Frets: 126
edited March 2018 in Music

Only chance to catch Ariel Posen (Bros.Landreth) back in U.K. after a successful tour with Josh Smith in February. If you're not familiar with Ariel, check out the the YouTube footage on "Anderton's" and "That Pedal Show" channels.

An outstanding player and a chance to catch him up close and personal. I'm hosting the gig and it's also a chance to visit the fine county of Northumberland (including a visit to the Whitehouse!) Have a look and hope to see some of you there. Many thanks - Mike

https://www.arielposen.com/
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/433594

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    I've just seen the 2019 ones and there are some nice, small clubs here, including one 10 mins away from me

https://www.arielposen.com/

Great feel-player, especially on slide

• mikeslmikesl Frets: 126
    @Kebabkid - just my view of course but you should definitely look to catch Ariel... an outstanding talent all round. Check out the recently released solo album “How Long”...excellent. The show last year in our town was exceptional.

Ariel’s back in Northumberland in February, followed by Josh Smith (March) and Joey Landreth (April). Keep an eye out for their shows as well in your area.... honestly you likely won’t see three better gigs all year.

That’s not me selling.....just telling
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    These guys are all incredible players - Josh and Ariel tour last year was great - if you want to hear proper guitar tone (at volume with real amps!) - all of them are worth catching.

Josh has Larry Carlton's son Travis on bass too - not sure if he is bringing those guys or if he's sorting out a local pair like last tour
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Thanks @mikesl - I'll have a listen to the new album and I do like his playing and The Landreth Bros. 
    As mentioned, the Coulsdon, Surrey show is but 10 mins away and the ticket is a couple of quid.

• I missed Joey at the Whitehouse last year, in going to get tickets to see him this year. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Seen him on a NAMM video or two.  What album would you recommend for starters?
    @duotone Ariel Posen debut solo album “How Long” released last month...stellar album. Joey Landreth ep “Whiskey” exceptional - his solo album due out later this month. Bros.Landreth album “Let it Lie” is outstanding. 

Ariel’s touring UK in Feb/March, Joey in April/May. Have a look at the tour dates and catch them if you can, so worth it.

I’ve fortunate to have them both back in Ashington, Northumberland for dates on the UK tour.

Glorious players, writers and performers.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, I will check out “How Long” first.

Edit: finally gave it a listen and enjoyed it. His voice didn't blow me away, but I'll check out some of his other stuff.

Cheers!  
  • Ticket bought - I'll pop up from my hovel on Hadrian's Wall to the White House. Any chance of steak &chips, and a nondisclosure agreement? :)
    @ArchtopDave Nice one and a special thanks for buying a ticket for the gig. Plenty chips in Ashington but you’ll struggle to find a steak! 

Best call in at The Feathers, Hedley on the Hill on your way over