New Pearl Jam

RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Music tFB Trader

Pearl Jam confirm release of new album

The band's new single, "Can't Deny Me", serves as the first taste of the Lightning Bolt follow-up

Over the weekend, Pearl Jam released a brand new single exclusively to members of their official Ten Club fan club. The song, a politically charged rocker called “Can’t Deny Me”, has now received a wide release. It’s available on streaming platforms and digital retailers, including Pearl Jam’s website.

A press release confirms that “Can’t Deny Me” serves as the first preview of Pearl Jam’s new album, the follow-up to 2013’s Lightning Bolt. Written by Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready, the song was was recorded in Seattle in February of 2018 with producer Brendan O’Brien. The single’s artwork was created by Jeff Ament and Kevin Shuss.

Pearl Jam kick off a South American tour later this week. They also have shows scheduled for the UK, Europe, and North America in the coming months. See the full itinerary below, and grab tickets here.

arl Jam 2018 Tour Dates:
03/16 – Santiago, CL ;Lollapalooza Chile
03/18 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Lollapalooza Argentina
03/21 – Rio de Janeiro, BR @ Maracana Stadium
03/24 – Sao Paulo, BR ;Lollapalooza Brazil
06/12 – Amsterdam, NL @ Ziggo Dome
06/15 – Landgraaf, NL ;Pinkpop Festival
06/18 – London, UK @ O2 Arena
06/19 – London, UK @ O2 Arena
06/22 – Milan, IT @ I-Days Festival at Area Expo
06/24 – Padova, IT @ Stadio Euganeo
06/26 – Rome, IT @ Stadio Olimpico
07/01 – Prague, CZ @ O2 Arena
07/03 – Krakow, PL @ Tauron Arena
07/05 – Berlin, DE @ Waldbuhne
07/07 – Werchter, BE ;Rock Werchter
07/10 – Barcelona, ES @ Palau St. Jordi
07/12 – Madrid, ES ;Mad Cool Festival
07/14 – Lisbon PT ;NOS Alive Festival
08/08 – Seattle, WA @ Safeco Field
08/10 – Seattle, WA @ Safeco Field
08/13 – Missoula, MT @ Washington Grizzly Stadium
08/18 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
08/20 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
09/02 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
09/04 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Have to give this a few more listens, not immediately grabbed me. I think they've been on pretty good form since 2006's self titled album so I'll look forward to the new one.
    A work colleague has got tickets for both London and Krakow, lucky bugger. He's in for a treat, In my opinion still one of the best live acts around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Bit uninspiring, which is a shame cos Lightning Bolt was decent :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Not too fussed on the single, bit too protesty for me, but they are probably one of the most consistently brilliant bands around. Excellent musicians, put on a great and ever changing show and Vedder is quite possibly one of the best song writers there's been. 

I got tickets for London :D
  • As a huuuuge PJ fan I'm not overkeen on it. Its OK, but nothing more. I though the same about The Fixer when that came out though and that album had some great tunes on it.

Anyone else going to see them this tour?
    edited March 2018
    As a huuuuge PJ fan I'm not overkeen on it. Its OK, but nothing more. I though the same about The Fixer when that came out though and that album had some great tunes on it.

Anyone else going to see them this tour?

I've not missed a UK tour for many years, and I ain't starting now D
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    If they played gigs outside of London, I would be there.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2378
    I have to confess that I haven't seen them since their first UK tour back in 1992 at the tiny Manchester International II. I'm guessing you don't get to to talk to Ed before the gig these days as he watches the support band? :)
  • Feel totally meh about this. PJ are (or were) one of my favourite bands and mean a lot to me, but everything after Riot Act has been pretty pants. Very uninspiring, middle of the road rock-by-numbers.

Also, in the past 10 years they've been to the UK maybe 3 times and only played outside of London or Festivals on one of those tours. I went to see them at the MEN in Manchester and it was awesome, but I feel quite irritated at how little attention they pay the UK.
    edited March 2018
    If they played gigs outside of London, I would be there.

Think this is the first time in a while they haven't isn't it? Last tour I watched them in Milton Keynes

@colourofsound I'm quite surprised by that, I though Lightening Bolt was good and Avocado was excellent.

As mentioned above they definitely played MK bowl last tour. I hate London but Eddie solo was fantastic and we'll worth the trip last summer.