Which screws for direct mounting a humbucker?

What's Hot
I'm installing a DiMarzio humbucker in a guitar and want to scrap the old pickup surround. The only issue I have is which screws to use to direct mouth the pickup without opening up the threads in the humbucker itself.

Does anyone have any pointers?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mar10mar10 Frets: 12
    edited March 2018
    http://www.theinsertcompany.com/index.php

Try these guys in brum

just got some bolts n inserts from them for some necks. I’m pretty sure they have smaller ones that’d suit pickups too
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 819
    call me crazy, but on my last build, I just used the standard mounting screws- set to the right height and then screwed them into small pilot holes. It was a temporary measure-but it worked fine for me, enough friction in the fit to hold the pickups fairly solid. I had to get the screws far enough to set the height before they went into the wood, and then as they screwed in-the height stayed the same.--if you get me.
    YMMV
    cheers
    andy k
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72513
    I use the small black screws that would normally be used for pickup surrounds. These will go through standard US-made humbucker screw holes without drilling.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BowksBowks Frets: 414
    Thanks all for the tips!