I hate antibiotics

What's Hot
FosterFoster Frets: 1100
Went to the gp on tuesday, side of my face was swollen and tender. Been given antibiotics to clear it up, which it seems to be doing.

Not keen on the headaches, nausia, tiredness or stomach issues I'm having though.

If anyone is in need of lucky poos today I can supply quite a good amount of arse water - though i'm not sure if the luck from the poo works if it's diluted!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    crunchman said:

Platypus milk

Sounds like a band name for a fusion group
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Foster said:
    Went to the gp on tuesday, side of my face was swollen and tender. Been given antibiotics to clear it up, which it seems to be doing.

Not keen on the headaches, nausia, tiredness or stomach issues I'm having though.

If anyone is in need of lucky poos today I can supply quite a good amount of arse water - though i'm not sure if the luck from the poo works if it's diluted!
    Apart from that everything Good?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    edited March 2018

tae be or not tae be
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    Still, better than not dying of simple infections, eh?
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    strtdv said:
    Still, better than not dying of simple infections, eh?
    I like to imagine that the nasty bacteria is being flushed from the infected area and violently disposed out of my arse.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671

Ah yes, I went through 4 different courses last year to clear an ear infection.  Each one was worse than the last.

I am spending tomorrow morning at ENT to investigate on-going sinus issues since then.   

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Eat natural Yogurt (no flavours or anything) to help balance out your friendlies - tastes like shit but will help your system
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Ah yes, I went through 4 different courses last year to clear an ear infection.  Each one was worse than the last.

I am spending tomorrow morning at ENT to investigate on-going sinus issues since then.   

Three courses of antibiotics for an ear infection too. The last one being a spray that sent me to the walk in centre as it felt like i was spraying acid in my ear. Turned out I had a perforated ear drum. Suggested my doc should have an eyesight test !

• WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    edited March 2018
    Well thankfully no perforated ear drum.  They did syringe my ears whilst I was there as they were getting blocked again.  Last time the doc looked  they where as clean as a whistle 

the main issue was “big meaty polyps” up both nostrils.   Between this and the ears my sinuses have been struggling to clear
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    I've found that taking probiotics twice a day (from Holland and Barrett) works wonders for the stomach when on antibiotics. You might have the squits for the the first day but after that it all balances out again and things are fine.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Try 6 months of antibiotics for latent TB, which I've just completed. It was a course of treatment that just kept on giving! 
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    I took my last tablet today, faced cleared up rather quickly and I stopped shitting myself after the first couple of days.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I'm supposed to take antibiotics daily - for ever! I don't though, like OP mentions they fuck your gut. I decided the small chance of dying from an infection before I have the chance to seek medical intervention was a better option than shitting myself regularly.