SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB small ish combo or head &cab

grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
edited March 2018 in Amps £
ive got about £1000 to spend on an amp but the nice problem I have is I really don’t follow amps as much as I do guitars so I’m a bit lost. 
Previous amps have been either Mesa or engl. I like high gain but I also like a very nice chime to a clean channel. 
What you got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve got a nice Blackstar Artisan 15 for sale. This is the hand-wired “Artisan” and not the new PCB-based “Artist”. It definitely “chimes”. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
    Believe it or not I tired one today in Lincoln. Loved the 2nd channel with the gain maxed as this gave a nice clean tone but that’s where it left it, no more gain for my needs. Thanks though 
  • Really? I find it has too much gain for me. Each to his own I guess! 
    edited March 2018
    I’m surprised, I had the second channel selected and the gain maxed with volume half way and it was just a nice edge of break up clean tone. I tried channel one and it felt flat in comparison. 

I was quite disappointed I wanted to like it. 
  • Are you sure it was the “Artisan”? The reason I ask is because it doesn’t have separate volume/gain. Also, the channels aren’t selectable. They are totally separate and just have a Volume and Tone each. I found that once I got to around a quarter on the volume, the gain was way too much for me. 
    Hmmm. Let me go check. 
    Ah Apple bogies it was the artist 15 I tried. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sorted now thanks