SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED FS/FT Fender Select USA Jazzmaster HH As New With Select Hard Case

What's Hot
Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 181
edited April 2018 in Guitars £
Fender Jazzmaster American Select HH
In Collectors Condition 
£1300 - NOW £1200  for quick sale 
Trades/Part Ex is possible for a quality guitars
No marks dings or anything like that
Kept stored in the case
Needs new strings due to lack of playing I am sure
Otherwise in immaculate condition with the wonderful channel bound neck with compound radius
Chambered Body
Wide Range Humbuckers
S1 Switching
Lovely flamed maple carved top
Much better flame than any other select I have seen
Twilight Burst
Tag, lead , strap and all the case candy

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beautiful.
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 976
    this won't last long..!!!
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    bloody hell
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 181
    Thanks @BintyTwanger77 ;
    yes I know offsets aren't everyone's cup of tea 
    but this is really big-sounding and definitely out of the ordinary 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    edited March 2018
    Sevenof9 said:
    Thanks @BintyTwanger77 ;;;
    yes I know offsets aren't everyone's cup of tea 
    but this is really big-sounding and definitely out of the ordinary 
    I love offsets. If I had the funds and wasn't trying to pay off my bludgeoned credit cards, I'd definitely be considering this.
    Many thanks 
    yeah the old plastic 
    so easy to build the debt up....
    much harder to chip away at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Price Drop
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    That is incredibly unbelievably overwhelmingly cool.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • moogie72moogie72 Frets: 78
    edited April 2018
    Why did you say this was collectors condition......never tell me the back edge was hugely scrapped and I counted over 15 serious knocks. Charge me £200 extra for the privilege to swap.

i have spent 2weeks repairing with black nitro, why did you not include pics of the damage. 

could be be seen as my fault for not checking fully , but I was so stoked with it I took you at face value 

And as you know ....you took my thinline tele deluxe that was in real show condition , I wasn’t going to bother chasing you in it cause I wanted the guitar , but another forum member pointed out to me that my silence was unfair to other members , it’s a forum a place to speak your mind!
    It is with deep concern that I read your posting
    if there would be a deep scratch and 15 significant knocks my guess is from a gentle place that you would have noticed this.
    I am unsure as to how I can respond, given that this is two weeks after the meet.
    Of course had you have alerted me to issues on the day concerned I could do something but I feel paralysed.
    Sure I could talk about the electrical problems on the thin line that I had to pay to put right
    I could talk about the price I had to let it go for which ultimately meant that are lost an absolute packet...
    But this feels inappropriate... Given that this was private business...
    And I stand by my choices even if they cost me financially.....
    And I feel, from a gentle place, that I have been put in an impossible position...
    Two weeks after, you are naming and shaming me in effect....
    Without any prior communication with me....
    Should you have contacted me on the day when you arrived home with any concerns is one thing....
    I have heard nothing until this posting......
    From a gentle place, if there had been a deep scratch and 15 significant knocks, my guess is you would have seen this....
    I have had no negative experiences of this nature, in fact quite the reverse, in that I have a reputation for selling guitars much lower than the real value....
    I am truly empathic if you feel pissed off....
    I have been let down so many times....
    But everything I do is in good faith
    life is too short..........
    Best
    Martin
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Take all your points on board, I’m not trying to hamstring you deals done mate and I walked away.

im happy with my trade , I’m not pissed off , I enjoy a bit of restoration.

but I’ll be honest.....when I happened to read your advert in passing , you plainly mis advertised 

unless your telling me you took out of storage and sold it without checking, I’ll be straight you must have been aware of the damage and should not have described it in the manner your did

im entitled as a member of the formum to post my findings on my trade, I do not need to contact you direct to try and argue a change in the deal ie recompense for the lack of information in the advert and I don’t wish to . I’m not saying the deal was unfair, just merely it was not fair to list it as the condition stated 

it’s not a name and shame , it was feedback , if I had made contact it would have been for you to send me some black nitro repair and 2400 grade sand paper, and nothing more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    A couple of points I would like to reply on

As you know it was raining in Baslow car park , the JM other than the damage is clean as a whistle , beautiful intact , everything I wanted and you described.. I opened the case and I felt Carter opening up TuTs sarcophagus. 
    I even remember sayin , I’m not taking it out , I have exactly what you described . 
    We also exchanged txt on me not driving to notts to try out and you were gracious enough to organise a meet. And you mentioned how happy you were I was bang straight with you and stated I did not need to come and play stairway to heaven or sweet child of mine in your lounge. My joke after working in music shops in my youth. 

So it really bemuses me now why you did not take any photos of the rear and sides of the guitar or did not say in the car park, I must show you this. Etc

love is blind, yes I’m sorry I didn not see it. But when I got home. I did , I let out a sigh of disappointment, looked at the rest of the guitar and though , I love you , I will fix you. 

I have I’ve no idea at all on the electrical problem you speak of, the tele was flawless I was never shocked it sounded amazing S1 pups switch and pots I live in a 200 year old cottage with terrible earthing I had no problems , unless facing south;southwest those n3pickups really do a job 
    and as for you taking a hit on selling it, I saw it on eBay within a hour of me getting home , then later in the week relistedfor £1900 but that is no reason to complain back at me, as I have said , the deal was done.....you stated the terms and I followed

You teld me you took extensive advise on the price you wanted off me , and agreed the Tele plus £200 , I did only want to pay £100 as you know....but I fessed up the extra cash, as I really wanted to get the JM

for me it was exercise  in getting a guitar I was gassing over, not removing one I really loved from my Hareem Of beautiful ladies 

ok let’s put this to bed , it’s done and dusted. But please in future for the sake of all on the forum, describe better, take pics of and dings or knocks 
    I could show you a numbers of adds up now that have pics of every single mark , it’s not overkill when you are expecting sumone to fork out over a grand to buy somthing off you 

collectors condition no dings or anything like that  , brilliant condition for age , great condition as few dings as pictured , road worn , reliced, battered , gigged , not gigged, huge dent from where the wife clobbered me with it ......