Great Kemper Profiles Thread

What's Hot
sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 724
Please recommend any must have Kemper Profiles.
I had one a few years ago and just picked one up again. It would be cool to see what you guys are using with it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I’ve found the M Britt profiles consistently good and required little tweaking. Had mixed results with TAF and Top Jimi. The Dr Z ones were solid. 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I love a lot of the Britt profiles for blues and rock stuff. 

For more rocky stuff I did pick up the actual  Petrucci rig that was sampled and the guy posted it on the Kemper facebook group not sure if it's legal but it appeared to be, and it's very good for that type of stuff. There is a lot of good stuff about these days I was going to send mine back till I found the Britt profiles  stuff.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    This, currently, has my attention:

https://youtu.be/JZUchAZQ8XQ
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    edited March 2018
    I'd also recommend the Michael Britt stuff.  Best I've tried of the commercial ones.

There are some good free ones on the rig exchange if you don't mind spending a bit of time going through them to find the good ones.  There is a Morgan AC20 profile on there that is very good.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    mine has some M britt and i bought a load of Top Jimi ones too
    i'd like to have explored the Michael Wagener ones though

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    M Britt as mentioned lots already, I’d also recommend checking out the Tone Junkie packs too, especially for clean/edge of breakup tones, often do sales and discounts on the Kemper forum. 
  • M Britt is definitely the best all round choice as the profiles don't need fiddling with.  The rmpacho Morgan AC20 on the rig exchange is really good and free.  I also like The Amp Factory's Friendman DS40.
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Rig Manager -> Rig Exchange -> (scroll right) sort by number of votes = Morgan AC20 by rmpacheco top of the list.

I've got M.Britt pack 2 and it's great, The Amp Factory pack 3 has a Two Rock Gainmaster profile that is just astonishing :o great with the volume rolled back and epic with it rolled up.
  • That Kingsley one is good - not played the amp to compare but sounds great. More ODS like than I thought based on the amps description on Simon's site.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    M Britt again, they are very musical and have that "nothing needs changing" quality.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Mbritt all day

Someone profiled John mayers dumble from continuum,  its amazing! Think it's called wonderland and costs about £8

I found a few good ones going to rig manager and sorting by review, simple enough. 
  • paul_xtpaul_xt Frets: 86
    I'd also recommend the Bert Meulendijk profiles too, they're awesome! Has anyone tried the Perfect Mix Profiles?
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 724
    Check out the M Britt Dumble stuff

• Yeh they are good as well
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I still am very happy with the lightning jack 4 by MBritt 
    took my Kemper to rehearsal instead of the Helix.
    I have to say that amp sounded amazing. There is some mid range type ring the Kemper does in almost every profile. I can’t un-notice it now.
    as an amp I would use it but I just struggle to replace the Helix purely down to the FX
    The Kemper FX sound great don’t get me wrong, but by fuck it’s a fiddle.
  • Cabicular said:
    I have to say that amp sounded amazing. There is some mid range type ring the Kemper does in almost every profile. I can’t un-notice it now.
    as an amp I would use it but I just struggle to replace the Helix purely down to the FX
    Can't quite work out if you prefer Kemper or Helix for amp? Is that "mid-range type thing" good or bad? Cheers
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Cabicular said:
    Can't quite work out if you prefer Kemper or Helix for amp? Is that "mid-range type thing" good or bad? Cheers
    @Cabicular have any thoughts on the above? I'm looking for some advice re:Kemper as I'm looking to purchase.

Also, does anyone know of any good, tight metal profiles?

• Cabicular said:
    @Cabicular have any thoughts on the above? I'm looking for some advice re:Kemper as I'm looking to purchase.

You’re well sorted for tight metal profiles on the Kemper. There’s some great free packs from Lasse Lamert and Lars Luttge/Tonehammer. 

Reampzone and Choptones are killer too, and there’s loads more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cabicular said:

I'm not sure either to be honest JT. I really enjoyed it at the gig (I've got some footage that is needing edited) the two amp profiles I used were the Matchless DC 30 for the clean and the Lighting Jack 3 and 4 for the grit and metal tonez. But then I took the Helix to rehearsal last night and it sounded pretty damn good.
    I racked the helix and kemper together in an 8 u rack and patch the Kemper into one of the Helix send and return blocks.,..
    Then I decided to sit and have a think about my life choices and how I ended up here

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited April 2018
    Cabicular said:

You’re well sorted for tight metal profiles on the Kemper. There’s some great free packs from Lasse Lamert and Lars Luttge/Tonehammer. 

Reampzone and Choptones are killer too, and there’s loads more.
    That's awesome, I'll keep an eye out, thank you!

Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:

I'm not sure either to be honest JT. I really enjoyed it at the gig (I've got some footage that is needing edited) the two amp profiles I used were the Matchless DC 30 for the clean and the Lighting Jack 3 and 4 for the grit and metal tonez. But then I took the Helix to rehearsal last night and it sounded pretty damn good.
    I racked the helix and kemper together in an 8 u rack and patch the Kemper into one of the Helix send and return blocks.,..
    Then I decided to sit and have a think about my life choices and how I ended up here

Haha, thanks! I've been there too. It's overwhelming sometimes isn't it! Option paralysis!