Info from this forum this month

What's Hot
darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
The forum normally provides a steady flow of knowledge and useful snippets, this month however I've invested hard in gear and projects and the information I've had from the forum has been top notch and helpful and has really helped me not only spend and invest my money in the right way to get the setup and sounds I needed, but also given me options to think about and review to give alternative suggestions rather than just offer up the standard tried and tested options.

Every now and then there are moments where the internet shines, and this month, the fretboard has been quality. 

Genuine thanks.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14526
    darcym said:
    the standard tried and tested options.
    Sometimes, chance discoveries are made and are worth passing on.

For instance, today, I have been mostly testing two American pickups that I usually dislike on a mid Eighties Japanese three pickup guitar whose bridge I also dislike. The combination works very nicely. It does not sound exactly like the Fender design on which it is based but it was not expecting it to. Now, I just need to choose a bridge position pickup and decide about any trick wiring. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    It's also invaluable for pointing others in the direction of gear you don't want to buy new yourself. 

See you in the classifieds in a few months.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Fuengi said:
    It's also invaluable for pointing others in the direction of gear you don't want to buy new yourself. 

See you in the classifieds in a few months.  ;)
    Not if I see you first !

Oh no wait, that's not how that works is it?
    :)

This place ROCKS.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    @darcym - you being sarcastic right??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    @darcym, if you can make sense of the answers to a question posted here, you are one of a kind. For example, say you want to replace the pickups on a Les Paul guitar. Just about every pickup, from P90s to whatever will be suggested. And you will get a few offers of s/h pickups too. 

Sometimes the the best and most practical solution is suggested. Not always for guitar pickups though..:)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    @Rocker - - you forgot P100s and Gold Foils...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    @darcym, if you can make sense of the answers to a question posted here, you are one of a kind. For example, say you want to replace the pickups on a Les Paul guitar. Just about every pickup, from P90s to whatever will be suggested. And you will get a few offers of s/h pickups too. 

Sometimes the the best and most practical solution is suggested. Not always for guitar pickups though..:)

Because you may as well ask the forum "what's your favourite colour?".  

There is no right answer, just a lot of different preferences and options

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I've not asked generic questions, I've asked with specific goals and remits, and got good answers, so no problems, really positive.