SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: RICHIE KOTZEN TELECASTER. MIJ. RARE 'SEA FOAM GREEN BURST' PRICE DROP/OFFERS!

What's Hot
pruddprudd Frets: 660
edited May 2018 in Guitars £
TRADED OF THE FORUM

Extremely hard to find Richie Kotzen Telecaster in Sea Foam Green burst,  these were, I believe, only made for the Japanese market for a short period in the mid 2000's.
The Kotzen Tele is arguably one of the finest telecasters available today, for me it out shines all the Custom shop Fenders Ive ever owned or played.
Plenty of very positive reviews of the Kotzen Tele on the net, none that I can find that focuses on this model. It differs from the Sunburst version in the following: it has a Pearloid Scratch plate and tuner buttons and does not have the cream binding. The lack of binding makes for a rounded and more comfortable feel on the body. This color also came supplied with a proper Fender Tolex hard case, the other versions had a gig bag only, I know this as I own both versions.
It sounds emmence and plays faultlessly, but I have to report that there are light play wear marks on the fingerboard (perhaps someone with long hard nails) and it would probably benefit from a fret dress and polish and is priced with this in mind. The body is in fab condition for an 11 year old guitar with only one small ding on the rear upper horn and some light marks on the rear.It does of course have the usual wear on the gold hardware, not too bad though to be honest.
not too bothered if it sells, it just seems a bit greedy owning two of them
actually quite difficult to photograph this color and capture the burst effect, it does look pretty cool in the flesh, though wont be to every ones taste Im sure, Ive got lots more pics if needed.

https://i.imgur.com/dNCrpKK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WYHVshc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kRyqeCV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7nUPH1N.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KOYIwCO.jpg

£1195    price drop to £1090 delivered to mainland UK, though collection would be prefered, Im in Bedfordshire

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pruddprudd Frets: 660
    Not happy with the pics, I'll try again, in the meantime this is an image of one that isnt mine but helps a little to show the burst.
    https://i.imgur.com/wx885qy.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    No interest and no comments o   was expecting a few on the 'marmite' color
    open to offers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Blingtastic!

• EvoEvo Frets: 308
    Lovely guitars these. I'd never part with my black one!

Hands down best tele I've ever played
    Evo said:
    Lovely guitars these. I'd never part with my black one!

Hands down best tele I've ever played
    Yes, they are, Ive had all sorts of Tele's over the my many years and cant say Ive found one any better than a Kotzen.
    I think the Black ones are even rare than the Sea Foam ones.
    It certainly took some finding. I had to hunt through loads of Japanese store's websites to find one, then try my best through Google translate to convince them to ship it here to the UK. 

Don't think I've ever seen a black one for sale outside of Japan before. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen another one in the UK full stop so if anyone on here has one then it'd be great to know!
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Evo said:
    It certainly took some finding. I had to hunt through loads of Japanese store's websites to find one, then try my best through Google translate to convince them to ship it here to the UK. 

Don't think I've ever seen a black one for sale outside of Japan before. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen another one in the UK full stop so if anyone on here has one then it'd be great to know!
    I think there was a Black version and a Red version. They were released about 8 years ago....many years after the original Kotzen Sig models. I know that Richie Kotzen had them for sale via his website when they were released but I’m pretty sure that they were a very limited edition. I wanted one....didn’t have the cash so bought the Sunburst version from a Japanese seller.
    I might be wrong, but as far as I know, the red ones were never really "produced". There are one or two but as far as I know they were/are Richie's? 

The black ones were a limited edition run in Japan and were available in stores. 
    Holiday weekend bump
  • I have the Sunburst Kotzen Tele and White Kotzen Strat hands down best Tele and Strat i have owned,i would love yours as well but skint :-(  Might try and get some gear sold hehe :-) 
    Still available.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I have the Sunburst Kotzen Tele and White Kotzen Strat hands down best Tele and Strat i have owned,i would love yours as well but skint :-(  Might try and get some gear sold hehe :-) 
    Me too. I'm not that into him as a player, but there such brilliant guitars.
    I have the Sunburst Kotzen Tele and White Kotzen Strat hands down best Tele and Strat i have owned,i would love yours as well but skint :-(  Might try and get some gear sold hehe :-) 
    I love the Kotzen Tele's, but to be honest was a bit disappointed with the Strat, not sure why, maybe it was the neck profile, still a fine guitar though.

price drop to £1090 delivered UK only
    bump.
    weekend sunshine bump
    midweek raining bump :/
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    edited April 2018
    Super guitars. I really wanted one for years. I'm afraid that I don't buy guitars now though, best of luck selling
    bump