Korina

What's Hot
I'm looking for a piece of Korina for another explorer build but cant seem to find any. I'm in no rush but like to keep my eyes open for a piece that's just right, anybody have any suggestions? Ta Rich.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16672
    edited March 2018
    Have you searched for Limba or considered Idigbo.  

The right piece of Idigbo can be very similar, although some is coarser grained with a greenish tint.  Sounds the same though 

a call to David Dyke would likely solve the issue
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 4xv4xv Frets: 49
    Excellent thanks.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349
    tFB Trader
    David Dyke has lots of Idigbo and Limba ( Korina ) in stock.

Here's some Idigbo I used earlier, I prefer to use Idigbo as it's considerably lighter (most of the time) , I also think it's a pretty looking would.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Try also www.exotichardwoods.co.uk
  • 4xv4xv Frets: 49
    @GSPBASSES that idigbo does look rather nice. @fandango ; I may also try exotic hardwoods as they are a stones throw away from me .
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    If a supplier is close, it must surely be worth going along in person and self selecting the wood in the flesh. Buying by photo never gives you the whole picture, if you catch my drift. No substitute for one's own eyes and hands.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    I'll add another voice for the use of Idigbo 

Ive done 2 builds both single piece body builds with it  now and it is lovely to work with 

As WezV says it can have some open/course grain area's so needs grain filling,i gave the above piece a slight wash with a diluted oxalic acid to remove some of the more heavy yellow'ing/greenish tint

I still have a slab of this that's 2" thick by just under 13" wide,not sure if that would cover the extremes of your horn tips though

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Reverend are big fans of Korina, seems to work fine for them