SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Axes R Us Alnico II 'Strings Ransom' strat set reduced to £50 delivered UK. - traded

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12414
edited May 2018 in Parts £

Set of Axes R Us 'Strings Ransom' Alnico II Pickups which I bought as part of a loaded pickguard.  Specs below covers are vintage cream one of them is slightly damaged but fits in pickguard fine, no screws.  Different strat sound described by Axes R Us chewier than normal strat pickups which I wouldn't disagree with. 

Costs £120 for the set on line would take say £65 inc UK postage.

String Spacing = 52m

Wiring = Black - Ground, White- Live

Resistance = 6.2k

Inductance - 2.9 Henries
Magnets = Alnico II

Pole Style = No Stagger, light Bevel

Wire = .42 Gauge Formvar

Covers = 52mm Pole Spaced, 13.5mm High 

https://i.imgur.com/r1Ec2Xx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/F5RPCaS.jpg

Edit - want rid so I can buy something else, will take £55 delivered in UK.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14534
    Which way does the damaged plastic pickup cover curl - inwards or outwards? I'd be worried about the potential for damage to the copper coil.

Also, you omitted to mention that the middle pickup is reverse wound / reverse polarity for noise cancellation purposes. This will important to some buyers.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12414
    Which way does the damaged plastic pickup cover curl - inwards or outwards? I'd be worried about the potential for damage to the copper coil.

Also, you omitted to mention that the middle pickup is reverse wound / reverse polarity for noise cancellation purposes. This will important to some buyers.
    Thanks @Funkfingers I didn't know it was reverse wound, I couldn't see that in the description, here is the website if anyone is interested

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/Axesrus-Strings-Ransom-Matched-Set-p/srukset.htm

The damaged cover doesn't appear to my eye to be any closer to the side of the pickup but I have removed them and they will be in the box so can use if happy with them.
    Do you start with a friday bump or just a bump and day specific comes later, its a tightrope...

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14534
    Mods get shirty if;
    1) Bumps occur every couple of days
    2) The mods notice.

Excessive bumping just creates a confusing mess. It also makes the most frequent bumpers look a bit desperate. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Will take £55 inc shipping to move them on so I can get something else!
    Bumped.
    Bump
    Now reduced to £50 so I can sell to get some parts for a tele build!
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Nice price for a set of formvar wire pickups. 
    edited May 2018
    Great pickups just a bit chunkier than vintage which is what I am into.  Would swap for a top quality vintage twangy tele pickup or no ears filtertron possibly.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    I've a Creamery Red 79 Tele bridge pickup to trade?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    I've a Creamery Red 79 Tele bridge pickup to trade?
    Hi @paulnb57 its of interest, is it base plated?, I see its a modern pick up, can I get a proper country twang out of it, my playing deficiencies aside : )
    Yes its base plated, regarding twang, no idea! never tried! I always assumed twang was a technique thing, but I'm blissfully ignorant!

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

I'll give it a go sounds cool.  I see you are on the isel of widget, I live in Lee on Solent, do you get to the mainland much?, we can post or I can send mine to the company I work for's office in Newport and you can swap them over there if you live near?
    Do the Newport swap if you like.......

edited May 2018
    and heres a photo...harsh overhead light makes it look patchy on the top, it's a more uniform dark grey, extra red lead is a separate earth for the baseplate, no idea why Jaime does it that way...

http://i.imgur.com/nBcYFVs.jpg