SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sterling by MusicMan AX40 with EBMM hard case

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Price?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    The thread was created four times, and removed three, in the course of which the following text went missing:

Sterling by MusicMan AX40 with MusicMan hard case. Guitar is in excellent condition with no structural, electronics or playability issues. Some nice figuring on neck. Pearloid tuner buttons have been swapped out for black ones and volume knob changed from a strat type to a chrome one. Otherwise all stock. £295 + postage/courier unless you live in the Glasgow area
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    I've played this actual guitar and the neck is a delight and very typical of the full blown musicman necks on the much more expensive models. Felt very much akin to my old Axis SuperSport. This is a hell of a lot of guitar for the money especially when you have the EBMM hard case that can sell for £70/80 minimum that will fit Silos/Morse etc too. Well worth a punt.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    bazxkr said:
    the neck is ... typical of the full blown musicman necks on the much more expensive models. Felt very much akin to my old Axis SuperSport. This is a hell of a lot of guitar for the money.
    Got to agree with all of the above. (I know somebody who owns a blue one. He would love to have paid only £295 for his.) Even the S.U.B. Series neck profiles are top notch. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    @honkytonk can you close the case lid with the trem arm in place?
  • Very interested in this. Any more pics? Any idea what year it was made, what pickups etc? Cheers

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Anyone heard from the OP on this?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    what pickups?
    The Sterling JP100 Koa definitely has DiMarzio Crunchlab and Liquifire humbuckers - albeit, connected to naff Cor-Tek pots and a simple three-way selector switch.

The majority of other Sterling By Musicman instruments get in-house Sterling Designed pickups. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • honkytonkhonkytonk Frets: 34
    Sry for not replying sooner. Work commitments etc....

Thanks Baz for your comments on the guitar. 

ellwood yes its the deep lid case which allows the arm to be kept on the guitar when the case shuts.

Chris I'm.not sure of when guitar was made. Pickups are stock Sterling made ones.