Donner/Behringer Pedals

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
Tempted by a few of these from Amazon.  I have the Behringer Tube Screamer clone, that seems to do Tubescreamery things.

Also Donner seem to do cheap pedal boards, the cost of which has always astounded me considering they are three or four bits of aluminium welded together.

Anyone purchased Donner or Behringer kit that didn't work out, or care to recommend it?

I could punt for the Boss versions, but it would be an investment of several hundred instead of one hundred for a board with the pedals I need (I'm going "Champagne Supernova" as my marker, so need a TS, Chorus (which I have) and would need to add a Tremelo pedal and a Compressor to "start".

Thoughts?
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a Donner flanger and it sounds brilliant.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I had a donner reverb which went back due to really not sounding good  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I have a couple of Caline pedals that are good if you have a smaller budget. 

The  Caline Orange Burst is an outstanding overdrive. It's a copy of Xotic BB preamp pedal.

The other one is the Caline Pure Sky overdrive which is more of a boost than a drive. It's supposed to be a copy of the Timmy pedal, I dunno never tried one. Handy if you want a 'more' pedal with eq.

Both of these pedals seem well made and have proved reliable.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I have a Donner Boost Killer which is indistinguishable tonewise from my old RC Booster and the Mooer Pure Boost. Works fine, cost £20

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Doner and Caline are the same company and either variant offering will be a multitude more quality and low floor noise than the Behringer
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I've got a couple of Behringer pedals - a noise gate and a reverb. The reverb is a multi-mode type that includes shimmer and is very good. I'd say the sounds are great. The only issue might be robustness of the cases. As I haven't been playing live recently this isn't an issue.

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I’ve got a Behringer Vintage Phaser and a Donner Yellow Fall Delay on my board. Both excellent in build quality and sound. Not sure how long they’ll last, but if I get 3-4 years out of them then I’ll be more than happy for the peanuts they cost.
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    I also have a Donner Boost Killer, which is a great pedal. Great as in great, not just "great for the price". 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Fairly sure they don't make Behringer pedals anymore, so anything would be used or old stock. 
    I've seen quite cheap pedals on pro boards ( IIRC Stevie Young from ACDC uses a Mooer boost and Pete Thorn uses a tc fuzz from their budget line for example). However, these are either always on or in switching systems - they aren't relying on the mechanical operations of these pedals. You do / do not like the sound of a pedal wether it's £30 or £300 but if you are regularly gigging it's the reliability that is the potential issue ( not that there aren't unreliable boutique pedals). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Thanks all.

So the general opinion is, say, for a Compressor, just buy the Boss CS-3 and stop being a tight wad?

Just need a couple of pedals for jams, apart from that I have a Katana and an old GT-8 with all the FX in the world.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...