SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Genuine 1963 Harmony H75 with Bigsby & Original Case

Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 207
edited May 2018 in Guitars £
I was born in '64, wanted a '64 and I thought that I could tick the box knowing this one was probably not sold until '64 anyway... 

This is one of the cleanest old Chicago Harmonys I have ever seen, completely original and even the plastics are perfect (it often crumbles).  Sounds fantastic with the 3 D'Armond foils (individually switchable) and everything works just as it should.
Low action, 100% ready to gig but since I know I'm still looking for a '64 - it's too nice for me to risk scratching.

£1,150 - it's got to be collected, the case is in great shape for 55 years old... but they weren't built for shipping.

More Pics
https://imgur.com/a/90cCC

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    I’ve had 2 of these - great guitars. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 244
    Great guitar   Got exactly the same one exactly with original (granted a bit tatty) case. 
  • Still here
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Ooh, that's sending shivers up and down my spine - my first proper electric was one of these, bought second-hand in 1966 for £100!  (That was a lot of HP payments!)

What are you looking for trades-wise?  Although I don't have anything for 1964...

• I had a student who played one of these ( before trashing it). Amazing feeling neck . Looks super cool and sounded amazing . I haven't the money or I'd snap it up. GLWS
  • Nitefly said:
    Ooh, that's sending shivers up and down my spine - my first proper electric was one of these, bought second-hand in 1966 for £100!  (That was a lot of HP payments!)

What are you looking for trades-wise?  Although I don't have anything for 1964...

I met a chap a few weeks ago who sold them new, apparently they were priced in Guineas and were sold before the hit the shop wall - £100 in 1966!! Wow!!  The truth is, I'm not looking for anything but (like most guitarists) I'm easily tempted. If it looked great but played badly - I'd hang it as artwork but it plays superbly and I think that would be a waste.  I mainly play simple Tele's, simple LP Juniors and acoustics (not necessarily '64!).  :)
    BTW - I've just realised that this is my old H75. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• BTW - I've just realised that this is my old H75. :)
    It's a credit to you Harry.  I'm really tempted to find a trapeze tailpiece (instead of the Bigsby) and then just keep it... you don't have one for sale do you?  I used it for a song last night - instant 60's!  :)
    Well...I had 2 H75’s and I sold them both to the guy I think you purchased that one from (an old friend of mine) - one with Bigsby, one without.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    I had an H75 with a Bigsby. I took it off and fitted a correct vintage trapeze tailpiece. I really regret selling it. 
  • I think it's the H76 that had the bigsby but it was a custom shaped one.  I've been looking for a trapeze without any success & I don't want to put a repro on it.
  • chardchard Frets: 1
    Where are you based?
  • chard said:
    Where are you based?
    I'm just outside Leeds.
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1711
    Where abouts?
    I'm in Wakefield 
  • Not far at all then.  I'm in Pudsey - LS28.
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1711
    Yeah not far