Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lindsey Buckingham leaves Fleetwood MAC, replaced with....

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 1042
...The Heartbreakers’ Mike Campbell and Neil Finn of Crowded House. 

big shoes to fill but with those two it’ll certainly work. Not a massive FM fan by any means, but looking forward to seeing what Mike Campbell brings especially. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26991
    Clearly Campbell is available these days (:() and Neil Finn is great in a much calmer way than Buckingham, but I really don't care. 

I was really hoping they'd come to my neck of the woods with the "original" lineup but now I'm not that bothered.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4919
    Neil FInn is one of the finest musicians ever.
    But I never saw that coming!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited April 2018
    A Wis to Prowla there for Neil Finn and he's also one of the finest songwriters of our generation.

Love both these guys but Finn is somewhat of a surprise inclusion here, but I'm sure both will bring something of their goodness and magic here.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Incredible.

Finn is a genius.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Wow !  I assumed we'd see Mike Campbell again, even with a Petty-less Heartbreakers line up, but not this ....

It would actually make me want to see FM again (+/- Neil Flynn, but his vocals and songwriting will also be a plus)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    It’s interesting that every time Lindsey Buckingham leaves, he has to be replaced by *two* guitarists...

The combination of Neil Finn and Fleetwood Mac could be very interesting indeed, and hopefully inspire some really new material.

Mike Campbell is a bonus, I’ve always liked his playing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835

At least he can go his own way now.

Sorry.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited April 2018
    According to Rolling Stone Buckingham didn't leave .. he was fired.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/fleetwood-mac-fires-lindsey-buckingham-w518925

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    ICBM said:
    It’s interesting that every time Lindsey Buckingham leaves, he has to be replaced by *two* guitarists...
    Reminds me of when Pete Bardens parted company with Camel, they had to replace him with no less than 3 keyboard players - who between them did less than Bardens did on his own!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    After watching the Destiny Rules documentary, Lindsey seems difficult to work with if things don't match his outlook and he resists changes.
    During the doc he was fighting for Say You Will to be a double album, which from an outsider's view (and the rest of the band) is obviously mad.

Will be an interesting tour.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    After watching the Destiny Rules documentary, Lindsey seems difficult to work with if things don't match his outlook and he resists changes.
    From the various documentaries I've seen, he seems to be somewhere between an obsessive control freak and a monstrous twat, as well as being a creative genius and an amazing guitarist... but the most recent stuff I've heard from him (the singles from the Buckingham-McVie album) seemed to show somewhat less of the second two characteristics.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    ICBM said:
    It’s interesting that every time Lindsey Buckingham leaves, he has to be replaced by *two* guitarists.
    Because he can’t sing, he ain’t pretty and his tone is thin.

https://youtu.be/heC_FoP7RQ4

I can’t speak for the later songbook but he murders the old stuff which is originally much enhanced by the twin guitar or even 3 guitar parts.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Can't remember the name of the film - but I watched the relationship breakdown between Buckingham and the band when they recorded the Tusk Album - he built his own home studio, then charged the band for working there (and wouldn't work anywhere else).

Seems a bit of an arrogant arse tbh

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Jalapeno said:
    Can't remember the name of the film - but I watched the relationship breakdown between Buckingham and the band when they recorded the Tusk Album - he built his own home studio, then charged the band for working there (and wouldn't work anywhere else).

Seems a bit of an arrogant arse tbh

Kind of says it all really.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14234
    tFB Trader
    Can understand the Neil Finn connection - similar ethos to LB of great songs first, supported by the guitar

MC has done this for years with Tom Petty - adds the colour to a great song - Interesting combination - hope it works

Not sure why LB left - I understand Chrissie has signed back up for the tour

Never a dull moment with this band is there ?
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Should have gotten Peter Green back for the lols and newspaper inches
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    proggy said:

Sorry.

Don't stop, please continue ..
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    ICBM said:

The combination of Neil Finn and Fleetwood Mac could be very interesting indeed, and hopefully inspire some really new material.

Mike Campbell is a bonus, I’ve always liked his playing.
    But he is two guitarists - Lindsey and the chap they have at the back of the stage ( they’ve also had an offstage keyboardist for twenty years apparently and even an offstage drummer, not that much left for the actual members to do). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Freebird said:
    proggy said:

Sorry.

Don't stop, please continue ..
    I heard he's never going back again. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33796
    proggy said:

Sorry.

We aren’t angry.... just disappointed. :)