best alternative to photobucket

What's Hot
ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
cos they suck
play every note as if it were your first
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I’m using Imgur. Simple and straightforward.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    basically anything - including physically standing around with a billboard outside your prospective audience.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    I don't particularly like photobucket but it still works
    It really doesn’t. There are huge sections of the internet now with Photobucket warning graphics where there used to be pictures. And if you’re foolish enough to click on a non-showing Photobucket link, you still get diverted to an ad site... or you did last time I made that mistake.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @ICBM I've never done that. Mind you, I never signed up for that "new" version of the site they invented a few years ago, I stuck with the old one 'cos the new one just didn't work. I can still upload pix, and post the address of the pic here and it still works. That's all I need it to do.

see?

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/musophilr/selfie_at_work1_zpsa671db95.jpg

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Yes, that works :).

But can you still get to that version of it if you don't have it already? Presumably all the millions of photos across the web that have now been blocked are on the new version.

I suspect you can't. There's nothing there that I don't have an original of somewhere on a PC at home. Which I ought to back up onto a USB stick I suppose!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27497
    @ICBM I've never done that. Mind you, I never signed up for that "new" version of the site they invented a few years ago, I stuck with the old one 'cos the new one just didn't work. I can still upload pix, and post the address of the pic here and it still works. That's all I need it to do.

see?

Looks like  that link has been hijacked now.  I'm guessing that it's some sort of dodgy fetish site ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited April 2018

imgur.com is the best and easiest to use IMO.

ibb.co is also gaining popularity on some of the other forums I post on.  I still like imgur.

@TTony cheeky git :)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Flickr work fine for me...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    ICBM said: There are huge sections of the internet now with Photobucket warning graphics where there used to be pictures.
    this is the cause of why I want to switch to someone else...
    I posted loads of pics and diagrams etc in several websites that are now all gone
    play every note as if it were your first
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Imgur. But you’d be wise to keep your photos “hidden”. I’ve learned the fun way that imgur users are mainly leftover from the lovely world of YouTube... a real mixture of weird, immature and downright ridiculous comments get left on your pics. Maybe it’s just the way the younger generation communicates now?

Ill leave them to it.. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    ImgBB works fine for me.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    I found Imgur a bit fussy (and I had LOADS of trouble where it wouldn't work at all with a Vodafone wifi router), so I moved to Postimage - easy to use and free.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Nitefly said:
    I found Imgur a bit fussy (and I had LOADS of trouble where it wouldn't work at all with a Vodafone wifi router), so I moved to Postimage - easy to use and free.

Yes, I actually had to disable my adblocker and Ghostery on Imgur's site as I couldn't upload anything until I did this.  On mobile Imgur likes you to use their app to upload with and seems to make uploading via the webpage a bit more difficult. 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4521
    Imgur has a load of bells and whistles, and its own community, mobile app, etc.  Something like Postimage is image hosting, plain and simple.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I find them all excruciating compared to Photobucket. Using IMGur reluctantly.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Imgur is great. It’s users are great, but there is a very specific sense of humour that many won’t “get”.

But you can always set your photos to private and they’ll still work here.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires