Most fun to play?

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
Been having a go at Bon Jovi's Dead Or Alive on the acoustic.

Not only is it an 80's glam rock classic, but it's great fun to play.

The intro is brilliant, there are loads of little twiddles and embellishments, all fairly easy but make a big difference. 

What other tunes or riffs are just great fun to play? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    It's harder to think of songs that aren't fun to play. Most classic guitar cliché songs to learn are great fun to play - that's why they've become clichéd. 

When noodling I often keep coming back to these tunes which I find to be great fun:

Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
    Square Hammer by Ghost
    Oblivion by Terrorvision 
    2 Minutes To Midnight by Iron Maiden
    Rocks by Primal Scream
    Du Hast by Rammstein 
    Arlandria by Foo Fighters 
    Plug In Baby by Muse

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    I love to play virtually anything - albeit within my limited technical capabilities, but I guess the most fun are rock or funky numbers that have a great groove, an instantly recognisable riff or two, with opportunities for a bit of fret wankery in the solo section. Stuff like:

Walk this Way - Aerosmith 
    La Grange - ZZ Top
    You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
    Hit It and Quit It - Funkadelic
    Superstition - Stevie Wonder (and, indeed, Jeff Beck)

Some Guitar clichés for sure, but then there’s a reason some tunes get played half to death :D 

Disco stuff, too: Le Freak by Chic, in fact virtually anything by Nile Rogers, although I’m finding nailing his chucka chucka technique to be the devil’s own work.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    edited April 2018
    I can't resist Playing Whitney Houston's 'Saving all my love for you' on piano with my own Chord based arrangement. I sing along really badly. No human being should hear this but unfortunately for the wife and kids they do.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

We Could Be Together - Loudness

Shot in the Dark - Ozzy

The riffs from Living The Hard Way by Racer X - although I can only play this at around 90% of the original tempo.  I can't play the solo....yet.

Moonchild - Iron Maiden.

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    axisus said:
    I can't resist Playing Whitney Houston's 'Saving all my love for you' on piano with my own Chord based arrangement. I sing along really badly. No human being should hear this but unfortunately for the wife and kids they do.
    Video footage or the forum shall collectively refuse to believe this.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    JerkMoans said:
    axisus said:
    Seconded.

@axisus it's over to you.. Take it away...

And we want to see the mask too!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    JerkMoans said:
    axisus said:
    Seconded.

Thirded. 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    JerkMoans said:
    axisus said:
    Seconded.

Well remembered! I am probably the worst singer here so no video. I am quite proud of the way I play the piano though.
    axisus said:

Well remembered! I am probably the worst singer here so no video. I am quite proud of the way I play the piano though.

How could we forget the mask?!!?

We're not here to judge you. You have made a claim. We just want to do science and see if no human should listen to it. 

This forum is a safe space. I posted a ridiculous cover of Oh What A Beautiful Mornin in the style of Rammstein and the good people of thefretboard were very considerate with their responses. 

Besides how would we know it was you if you wore a mask? You could get Elton John or Billy Joel to do it for you and we'd never know... 

:)