Police run away

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    Send Belly and Fretty Mercury to sort em next time, they'd sort it in seconds and none of this wimpy running business. No retreat no surrender.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    maybe all the rioters took their helmets off...?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

It does look weird, though, so I can understand why the OP posted it - I'm a bit confused about what's really happening, too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    in the USA you would have had 20 dead youths and people rioting against he establishment burning there own community down... this was better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    Send Belly and Fretty Mercury to sort em next time, they'd sort it in seconds and none of this wimpy running business. No retreat no surrender.
    Nah, we'll send you in to snatch and launch the mobile phones so it can't be recorded.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    Nah too many of them for me.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    Bit of poxy camera phone footage and some comments on social media?  I wouldn’t make a judgement based on that lot.

I don’t know what the Met are like, but the Greater Manchester lot don’t mess around.  I’ve seen them chase down a nicked car in a stealthed-up Audi Q7, that was a sight to behold.  Dibble can drive, believe me.  

Even better though, I’ve seen them chase down another twoccer at lunatic speeds one night whilst waiting for a bus, and what should the Police be driving?  Another supercharged 400 BHP beast?

No.

A Transit.

TL;DR - I wouldn’t do their job for all the Stratocasters in Southern California.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28190
    Fretwired said:

As I said above there were comments on FB by people who were there .... 
    And we all know that comments on the Facebook are regarded as facts in law, because no-one ever exaggerated or fibbed on the Facebook  Even the idea is unthinkable. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Hold on, so we have to wait for facts to come out when the police nick a pensioner for murder despite it being really fucking obvious that a 6 foot 2 bare knuckle boxing gypsy has broken into some old bloke's home at 1am and ended up getting skewered on a Philips, but this time we can take a Facebook post at face value? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22125
    Garthy said:
    Hold on, so we have to wait for facts to come out when the police nick a pensioner for murder despite it being really fucking obvious that a 6 foot 2 bare knuckle boxing gypsy has broken into some old bloke's home at 1am and ended up getting skewered on a Philips, but this time we can take a Facebook post at face value? 

Because it's important to know whether it was a Phillips. Had it been a Pozidriv, then that changes matters considerably. 

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    It seems to me that there is this overwhelming desire nowadays to criticise the Police for everything. They're institutionally racist, don't investigate crimes properly, should have done this, should have done that, the list goes on and on. From what i've seen the vast majority are just ordinary people who go to work to earn a living. The same people quick to criticise forget the jobs they do that many wouldn't. Fatalities, mutilated bodies, death warning messages. I'm sure that being ordinary people many of them quake in their boots at 2am in the morning confronting some pissed up homicidal maniac armed with a knife or even a firearm on their own. I suppose that's what they get paid for. I know, i did it for 34 years.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited April 2018

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Vile feral skiprats.
    ronnyb said:
    It seems to me that there is this overwhelming desire nowadays to criticise the Police for everything. They're institutionally racist, don't investigate crimes properly, should have done this, should have done that, the list goes on and on. From what i've seen the vast majority are just ordinary people who go to work to earn a living. The same people quick to criticise forget the jobs they do that many wouldn't. Fatalities, mutilated bodies, death warning messages. I'm sure that being ordinary people many of them quake in their boots at 2am in the morning confronting some pissed up homicidal maniac armed with a knife or even a firearm on their own. I suppose that's what they get paid for. I know, i did it for 34 years.    
    The police aren't perfect and for example the Met were proven to be institutionally racist  .. https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/21/metropolitan-police-institutionally-racist-black

My experience of dealing with my local police force doesn't fill me with confidence and judging by local FB posts I'm not alone.

Kudos to you for being a police officer for 34 years but I posted the vid as I thought it odd. I've not seen anything like it before.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I don’t see what’s odd at all.  They retreated because they were outnumbered and didn’t have the right gear to safely defend themselves from people throwing bottles at their heads.  These weren't riot police and not equipped for that situation.   Retreat, call for backup, regroup, etc.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    Bummer........was expecting Sting singing a Del Shannon song
    tae be or not tae be
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited April 2018
    Fretwired said:

My experience of dealing with my local police force doesn't fill me with confidence

Given the way things are going, you’d have had chance to meet all three of them in your lunch hour.

As re. FB posts, I live in a decent, affluent area and recently left my neighbourhood Facebook group as I genuinely couldn’t take one more fucking thread about “man in hoodie drove down my street in a Transit, looked a bit eastern European. Reported to police.”

I don’t see what’s odd at all.  They retreated because they were outnumbered and didn’t have the right gear to safely defend themselves from people throwing bottles at their heads.  These weren't riot police and not equipped for that situation.   Retreat, call for backup, regroup, etc.

They didn't retreat. They'd have given Usian Bolt a run for his money - they ran away. I saw no evidence of a large mob - in fact the video showed about five guys chasing them. And I don't buy the the criticism of comments on FB - they're from ordinary people who were there ..

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    edited April 2018
    Fretwired said:

They didn't retreat. They'd have given Usian Bolt a run for his money - they ran away. I saw no evidence of a large mob - in fact the video showed about five guys chasing them. And I don't buy the the criticism of comments on FB - they're from ordinary people who were there ..

Edited because it won’t change the outcome of opinion.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    The Police don't do the job they used to do because they are faced with situations that aren't what they used to be ;it's a different world to the Dixon of Dock Green days and ' Ello,Ello, Ello .....whats going on 'ere then ?
    That was a feral mob who would probably have no qualms about stabbing etc ......I think the world changed when PC Keith Blakelock was beheaded by a mob at Broadwater Farm and I'm sure his widow would totally endorse them running away given what she suffered.
     I have seen the police scared to get out of their car and ultimately retreat when we caught Gypsies fly-tipping in a stolen van on our farm.......they were genuinely petrified by the threats etc but the officers told me that they weren't even allowed to confront them without an armed response unit in attendance .In the modern world of litigation and employer safety liability these caveats are put in place for a reason..........to the policeman himself ,quite rightly, he wouldn't put his life at risk for the sake of a bit of flytipped rubbish..........I don't blame them; neither would I. Likewise the above incident.
     What is annoying however is the way the Police have been morphed into an illicit revenue collecting service and considerable resource goes into enforcement against "soft" targets for very minor traffic infringements, littering ........"somebody called me a pooh on the internet and bullied me " etc ,etc 
     Street gangs,Roadmen,Knives and guns in the hands of teenagers etc ......it's a jungle in a lot of areas and I guess ultimately the time will come when they have to be armed like most other countries - these feral imbeciles even call the Police stupid Americanised names....."the Feds , 5-O's and Boydem "
     I asked one why "Boydem "and what it means (for the sake of improving my Urban dictionary ) apparently it's because the response to them is to "Boy them down and show you is a Boss "!
    Says it all really.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom