edited April 2018 in Guitar tFB Trader
Sky Art channel tonight - 9pm - 2 hour Pete Green Documentary
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    Thank you, I would have missed this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Ah pish, missed it... Hopefully on again ;)
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Was it man of the world?
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    mr-mac said:
    No you haven't ... it's tonight .... as in Saturday 14th April tonight.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14238
    tFB Trader
    fandango said:
    mr-mac said:
    just a quick edit on the header to clarify
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    What? Peter Green? When they could fill another four hours with a programme on Andre Rieux? Surely not!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's 'Man Of The World'. I think this is the one they showed on BBC4 some years ago. It's available on DVD and well worth a watch for those that haven't seen it yet.
    Man of the world presents greenie’s life extremely well and is terribly sad for that very reason. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    fandango said:
    mr-mac said:
    We'll i have cos out but will record... ;)
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Ah dammit I got my hopes up there, I have the DVD. It's absolutely worth a watch if you're not familiar with him.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    Is this the one that documents his comeback to the stage with the Splinter Group? I was reduced to tears watching that - the loss of his talent was heartbreaking....
    Is this the one that documents his comeback to the stage with the Splinter Group? I was reduced to tears watching that - the loss of his talent was heartbreaking....
    yep.
    Yes. I can't think of anything in music more tragic, he was unique. On the bright side he's alive and at some sort of peace, got to find good news somewhere in all of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Yes. I can't think of anything in music more tragic, he was unique. On the bright side he's alive and at some sort of peace, got to find good news somewhere in all of it.
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    Great programme, thanks for the heads up. The part where John McVie is fuming about the people who gave Peter the bad trip...such a shame 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Indeed. Saw him at the Jazz Cafe some years back with the Splinter Group. He really looked very vulnerable and  uncomfortable on stage. Glad I saw him but also felt somewhat guilty/uncomfortable watching someone who appeared to be finding the situation quite awkward.

Set to record.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    HAL9000 said:
    Indeed. Saw him at the Jazz Cafe some years back with the Splinter Group. He really looked very vulnerable and  uncomfortable on stage. Glad I saw him but also felt somewhat guilty/uncomfortable watching someone who appeared to be finding the situation quite awkward.

Set to record.
    Me too: probably the same gig.  He seemed incredibly... shy?  Diffident?

Recording it to watch later.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    HAL9000 said:

Set to record.
    He was such a ‘natural’ player - it seemed that music just flowed out of him - elegant, perfect phrasing and dynamics. My recollection of his performance (at the Buxton Opera House IIRC) was this had all gone - it was hard to believe that ‘such’ a gift had been ‘so’ comprehensively lost. 

When a musician you love dies, I inevitably find you mourn their loss - but to see someone living who’s talent appears to have evaporated - is somehow much more distressing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    HAL9000 said:

Set to record.
    He was such a ‘natural’ player - it seemed that music just flowed out of him - elegant, perfect phrasing and dynamics. My recollection of his performance (at the Buxton Opera House IIRC) was this had all gone - it was hard to believe that ‘such’ a gift had been ‘so’ comprehensively lost. 

When a musician you love dies, I inevitably find you mourn their loss - but to see someone living who’s talent appears to have evaporated - is somehow much more distressing.
    I would go as far as saying Peter Green is my idol, his playing, his feeling when he played was just sublime. And then I saw him play a number of years back, he just sat on a stool in the corner of the stage and looked just empty when he played, it was quite devastating seeing that, all that talent ripped out of him. 

Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Watched the doc previously, as many have said, very sad indeed.

A few years back I saw Splinter group backing John Mayall and Peter is of course not the same. 

Seeing his unfortunate state is a good advert to stay away from drugs.