SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb unfinished bass body and neck

What's Hot
Hi all! My mate has voiced an interest in learning but doesnt want to spend out, so I had the idea of building him a low cost parts caster with a wudtone finish for his birthday. If he really doesn't want it for whatever reason, I have a bass to donate as a prize for something on here (maybe another fundraiser, or something else charitable). I certainly won't be keeping it!

So, hit me :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349
    tFB Trader
    Have you found a bass body and neck for your mate as in my clear out I do have some basses, if not let me know and how much you want pay as I'm sure I can do some think for you.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• GSPBASSES;207093" said:
    Have you found a bass body and neck for your mate as in my clear out I do have some basses, if not let me know and how much you want pay as I'm sure I can do some think for you.
    Oh awesome. I'll message you later on or tomorrow mate.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to afford yours - it's not that they're overpriced (obviously, I'm also trying to save up for another of yours!) but I can't drop a lot of money on something that's a bit of a gamble.

However, if you have any swamp ash b stock bodies with simple, easy to source hardware routings and a maple neck to go on it for bargain price (I know my prs alike was bargain of the century...) I'll be very interested :D
    edited April 2014 tFB Trader
    I think you might see the link below it was up for £210 but the guy who wanted did not pay up and dose not answer e-mails you can have it  for £110 inc P&P   There is a bridge and pick guard with it.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Jesus wept Graham really ?

All that for £110 ?

I have less than no use for this but at that price that's an absurdly good deal !
  • Graham, consider it mine! I'll pm you :D

Cheers man, absolute hero.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Daylight robbery! :P 
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Should you fancy doing another one (;) ), I've got an Aria Pro 2 Magna four-string here in bits with a partly-sanded finish which I bought as a project and am unlikely to ever complete - all the parts are there, it just needs more time than I'm likely to have for the foreseeable! Thirty quid and it's yours...
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24273

I should explain @DrBob I’m been trying to retire for the last two years I don’t do retail any more. My only customers are trade custom builders and there are only three of them now. Last year I was making 1-2 guitars a week this is wood work only necks and bodies no guitars to a finish unless it was for a friend or family. The only other work I do is for DD and Timberline manly slotting fingerboards and making Kerfed linings. See second link below. I will take on a custom build if its  interesting but only doing the wood work and fretting. 

This year I only going to make one guitar a week to start with and go down to two or three a mouth or less. But I have lots and lots of part built and part finish stock that I’m selling of bit by bit. The P bass was order some 4-5 years ago but the guy did not send any money for me to finish it. So now I just thought @ThePrettyDamned could make use of it. If he dose not then may be some one else will, if not it will stay on the self.

If you saw my post on UKGB when I moved work shops you see how many guitar bodies and necks I had. so this year I’ve been trying to sell any of it off that my custom builders would not want. Some of the bodies and necks are “B” grade but a lot of it is not. I think I have at least 20 more guitars of all type to sell off plus £1500 - £2000’s of hardware to go as well. So if I see some one needs some think thats in my clear out I’ll let them know what I have.

The link below shows the move to a new work shop and your see how many necks and bodies I had to move and there is that many again in my house.

http://simnettguitars.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4334.0

http://simnettguitars.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3250.msg20414#msg20414

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Graham,

Not having a go mate I promise, as you know, I've already done well out of your workshop move clearout, just really impressed by the deal !

Don't suppose you're letting go of any more Strats are you ? ;-)
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @GSPBASSES If you still have the Teardrop body, give me a shout ;)

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    @GSPBASSES, I have emailed you :)
  • Graham, glad this thread has given you some potential business.

Just so you know guys, I'll be sending the money across tonight. A deal like that is too much to say no to, and either my mate or the forum or someone else somewhere will benefit - I only need one bass, so I'll take either this or my MusicMan (keep whichever I prefer) then do something nice and charitable with the other.

If it goes to the forum, you might end up with this or a nice USA MusicMan!
    tFB Trader
    JookyChap;208201" said:
    @GSPBASSES If you still have the Teardrop body, give me a shout ;)

I will have a look tomorrow but after that photo was taken I found some more and I did sell some with Vox type necks so I'm not sure if there is one left.

DrBob said:
    Graham,

Not having a go mate I promise, as you know, I've already done well out of your workshop move clearout, just really impressed by the deal !

I do have some "B" grade Strat bodies I'll let you know tomorrow what there is.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    GSPBASSES said:
    DrBob said:
    Graham,

I do have Strat bodies I'll let you know tomorrow what there is.
    I wouldn't say no to a ganders at that list either if it's no trouble? Ideally after a light-ish swamp ash one. :)
    Yes, I could be interested in anything too ... :)

tFB Trader
    Yes one Teardrop body with its neck. They were made October 2004 PM sent @JookyChap

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh my, just PM'd you @GSPBASSES

• JookyChap said:
    Oh my, just PM'd you @GSPBASSES
    Oh my, that will be one NICE jooky.