Russian MOD warned of 'False Flag' Syrian Chemical Attack 33 days ago

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 15343
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Marshall said:
    Copy and Paste Fretboy.
    I'd expect nothing less (or more) from you

Doesn't mean it isn't true.  You've added nothing to the debate.

Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident in their ignorance.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Checkout this mad old bat ... thinks Assad's a nice guy as he'd a doctor .. she's obviously never heard of Harold Shipman or Josef Mengele .. one born every minute.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/04/17/2903815510169858998/1024x576_MP4_2903815510169858998.mp4

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 5967
    he's misunderstood is all, all them people what disappeared in his detention facilities all just fell down the stairs. It was dodgy, US, contractors and he was about to fix them when the war broke out.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    VimFuego said:
    he's misunderstood is all, all them people what disappeared in his detention facilities all just fell down the stairs. It was dodgy, US, contractors and he was about to fix them when the war broke out.
    The US kidnapped them all. They are all dressed as oranges in Gonetomo Bay.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 10684
    VimFuego said:
    He probably just hid them in his 'echo chamber'. 
    I make Jeremy Paxman look like Fingermouse. 
    edited April 17
    Stand by your beds .. this is serious ...

http://www.panarabiaenquirer.com/wordpress/syria-only-weeks-away-from-bono-charity-single-warns-un/

This guy's listening to an advanced copy ..

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 728
    edited April 17
    Admiral Lord West Casts Doubt on Syria Attack Intelligence - BBC NEWS

Freebird said:

Duh, you've not done it right. You're meant to put up a BBC link, denounce it as mainstream propaganda, and then make out that everyone in the forum is ganging up against you. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 4989
    How anyone can look at Theresa May's Government and think that its capable of a complicated, ultra high risk top secret "false flag" operation in a country 3000 miles away is quite beyond me. 

Christ, May's government can barely tie their own shoes without making a mess of it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    How anyone can look at Theresa May's Government and think that its capable of a complicated, ultra high risk top secret "false flag" operation in a country 3000 miles away is quite beyond me. 

Christ, May's government can barely tie their own shoes without making a mess of it. 
    True.
    edited April 17
    Freebird said:

First sentence - Lord West, Labour peer. I won't hold that against him though. His analysis is seriously flawed and one-sided. Whilst he is winning the war Assad now faces a heavily concentrated area full of enemy fighters wanting to make a stand. A chemical weapons attack could have been a show of force. It's also clear Assad doesn't have full control over his military,  elements of which could have carried out the attack as a local reprisal on their enemy. Putin could also have ordered it knowing the US/UK/France would attack Syria thus giving him some PR, but more importantly a reason to attack the west and the UK in particular via a cyberattack after the accusations Russia carried out a nerve agent attack in the UK.

Like an Agatha Christie thriller there is a long list of suspects. However, you can't get away from eye witness accounts from disparate people that talk of a helicopter with a barrel bomb. That can only be Syrian/Russian forces. The rebels don't have access to helicopters and the UK couldn't have flown one fro Cyprus to Syria.

You'd think they could employ a butler or three to sort that out. 
  • modellistamodellista Frets: 627
    This is - to my reading - a superb report, and difficult to argue with given the level of verifiable detail and first-hand sources.

Summary:  Assad did it.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2018/04/11/open-source-survey-alleged-chemical-attacks-douma-7th-april-2018/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 30902
    The question is not so much who did it but why...

My opinion is that it was done with the calculated intention of provoking the West into an attack, for two reasons - to further polarise the situation between the West and Russia, increasing Russian support which is useful against the regime's other enemies as well, and to turn opinion against the West probably including inspiring more Jihadist attacks in our own countries.

If that is the case then the US/UK/French attack was counterproductive, since Assad will know he can use the same tactic again when it's necessary. The chances of having done significant damage to his chemical weapons capability are minimal, especially given what that report says about the improvised nature of the weapons.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 2751
    ICBM said:
    The question is not so much who did it but why...

My opinion is that it was done with the calculated intention of provoking the West into an attack, for two reasons - to further polarise the situation between the West and Russia, increasing Russian support which is useful against the regime's other enemies as well, and to turn opinion against the West probably including inspiring more Jihadist attacks in our own countries.

If that is the case then the US/UK/French attack was counterproductive, since Assad will know he can use the same tactic again when it's necessary. The chances of having done significant damage to his chemical weapons capability are minimal, especially given what that report says about the improvised nature of the weapons.
    also worth considering is did Russia actually know or did Assad act on his own trying to engineer a situation..
    if Russia didn't know it'd be interesting to hear the conversations between Syria and Russia behind closed doors..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 114
    edited April 19
    Fretwired said:
    Marshall said:
    Copy and Paste Fretboy.
    I'd expect nothing less (or more) from you

Doesn't mean it isn't true.  You've added nothing to the debate.

Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident in their ignorance.

"Doesn't mean it isn't true" - Doesn't mean it is true either.

"You've added nothing to the debate." - Debate? What debate? You don't do debate and as all the evidence here conspicuously illustrates you're not interested in debate.

You do clearly comprehend how to copy and paste though.

"
    Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident in their ignorance". 

Like this for instance?...

Marshall said:
    VimFuego said:
    Marshall said:
    p90fool said:
    Chalky said:
    Why do so many on here prefer to believe Russia and Syria rather than the UK, US and France?  Its not like they have any actual professional experience in international politics. So it can only arise from armchair opinion, I guess?
    I don't think there's adequate reason to believe any of them. 

Most atrocities performed by governments around the world are ignored by the US, the UK and France so to claim air strikes are some kind of humanitarian mission is absolute bollocks. 

Until our government and allies actually tell the truth about why they bomb some countries and not others then all we have is two groups of inseperable bullshitters. 

Why would you choose to believe our lot instead of theirs, other than because you just happen to live here and are more familiar with 'our' side of the story? 

what a breath of fresh air..some sanity at last. 
    you're clearly new here, we've been talking like this for years. I think you need to wake up, do some research 
    and you are clearly the self-assigned fretboard police around here so you are welcome to shove your opinion where the sun don't shine 
    "And you must live on a dairy farm as your breath of fresh air is tainted with the distinct odour of fresh shit .. "
    Fretwired - April 15

As somebody who holds such high stock in the UK media machine here's an 'Independent' article for bed time -

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-chemical-attack-gas-douma-robert-fisk-ghouta-damascus-a8307726.html  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    just noticed the post by Freebird. Well done Freebird!
    edited April 18
    TTony said:
    @Marshall.

Read the terms for posting in this section please, specifically;

TTony said:

As of today, the politics section is moved into BCD, and re-titled to encompass economics too.

BUT

It's intended/expected to be used for reasonably grown-up political discussion.  If threads descend into posts of personal insults that have characterised some politics/economics threads in the past, then those comments will just be deleted. 

No debate, no argument, deleted.

A number of your posts fail the test and include personal insults.  Consequently I have deleted them.  If you continue to post such content, you also will be deleted.
    Fair enough, duly noted, however if you are going to censor one member's posts for the "no personal insults" rule, then it follows that you should be applying the same rigorous approach to every member. 

If not, then it is clear that we are into some version of selective censorship which I'm sure is not your intention
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

does seem implausible, but then one might say the same about most previous governments yet somehow the UK has a long and impressive history of imperialist/colonialist foreign 'activity' 

In this case, even if it is a 'false flag', I see nothing so far indicating that it must have been the UK  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Marshall said:
    Fair enough, duly noted, however if you are going to censor one member's posts for the "no personal insults" rule, then it follows that you should be applying the same rigorous approach to every member. 

If not, then it is clear that we are into some version of selective censorship which I'm sure is not your intention
    @Fretwired I claim my five pounds now. 
    Marshall said:

@Fretwired I claim my five pounds now. 
    :-) :-)
    edited May 1
    All talk of poisoning Russian Spies and chemical attacks in Syria seem to have gone very quiet, not a peep out of the government or the news media.
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 1316
    Freebird said:
    All talk of poisoning Russian Spies and chemical attacks in Syria seem to have gone very quiet, not a peep out of the government or the news media.

News stories have a very short half life these days; journos have moved onto the next story.
    jpfamps said:

News stories have a very short half life these days; journos have moved onto the next story.
    Those Chloe Madeley IBS cure headlines just can't wait.

Oh. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5656497/Chloe-Madeley-reveals-crippling-IBS-feel-unattractive-uncomfortable-work.html

edited May 2
    jpfamps said:
    By design no doubt, as they had already achieved their aims, not to mention some uncomfortable loose ends were starting to appear.
    BP boss was poisoned by the Russians .. odd way to try and kill someone.
    Freebird said:
    jpfamps said:
    By design no doubt, as they had already achieved their aims, not to mention some uncomfortable loose ends were starting to appear.
    I don't think so.

Journo's have a very short attention span, and are quick to move onto the next big story, which at the moment seems to be Amber Rudd's demise.
    edited May 4
    jpfamps said:

Those Chloe Madeley IBS cure headlines just can't wait.

Oh. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5656497/Chloe-Madeley-reveals-crippling-IBS-feel-unattractive-uncomfortable-work.html

When I was working in the biochemistry department at UCL, we used to run students' work through plagiarism software.

We had one student whose final year project was cut and paste from the Daily Mail!
    edited May 4
    U.S. freezes funding for Syria's "White Helmets"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-freezes-funding-for-syrias-white-helmets/