Belated NGD both ends of the spectrum

notanonnotanon Frets: 607
edited April 2018 in Guitar
I picked up these guitars over the last few months but not had time to post.

First up a Gretsch 6120. I missed a bargain G6210 from @BloodEagle. Eventually this came up and at a good price. For some reason I prefer the G stamp on the body. Sublime guitar, I absolutely love playing it. Clear and jangly. I wanted to record some chordal changes between Major 5, 6, and 7. My fret King green label got me close with respect to clarity but the 6120 nailed it and easier to play. This is the expensive end of my spectrum.

Next is the cheaper end. I have raved on TFB about the quality of a Revelation RT54 guitar I played in Bristol. I already have a Baja so I have never purchased on. I watched a review on youtube about the RJ60 quad. I spotted this guitar and couldn't resist at the price. It was new at circa £250 mark.

These are highly recommended for the cost. Some fret work needed on the ends towards the higher frets but they certainly don't slice the fingers. I setup the tremolo which was locked down. The tremolo arm functions fine with a spring out of a pen and then push the arm in with a thin elastic band on each side ;-)

This was the review that made me think what the hell just buy it, that is an interesting guitar for the money. I can confirm that the tones pretty much match what is described in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89N2NijLIek
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Those Revelations are very good. Gretsches  always classy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited April 2018
    Cool guitars. Just watched the video about the Revelation and I want one too! What's the neck like? I'd get the sonic blue one and put Strat knobs on it. I think there's a Revelation dealer in my town. GAS alert!
    Link to my trading feedback
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    @freakboy1610 I think the neck is a modern C shape. Very similar to my is 2014 strat.

Superb value guitars, definitely recommend trying one out. If you do try one update this thread with your verdict.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    notanon said:
     I setup the tremolo which was locked down. The tremolo arm functions fine with a spring out of a pen and then push the arm in with a thin elastic band on each side ;-)

If Biddy Baxter was a luthier...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer