SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Source Audio Ventris, Meris Mercury 7, Cali76 Compact Deluxe, Bloomery Vol Pedal

What's Hot
jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
edited April 2018 in FX £
Woud also trade my Big Sky for a Ventris. Thanks! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Building a mini version of my board there!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That was always my plan. I’m sorry if my nose has been smearing up your windows.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That was always my plan. I’m sorry if my nose has been smearing up your windows.
    hahahahaha
    For real though, think I’ll probably go Mercury 7 - just need one to pop up (even though a sale of my Big Sky would fund a new one outright...)
    it'd definitely be my choice. Can safely say I'll not be buying another reverb pedal again at any point...unless it's a second Mercury for my synths
    edited April 2018
    Here’s a predictable question: ever owned a Big Sky? If so, differences? Aside from the obvious tweakability. 
    no, but I've tried one in a studio. The answer is also predictably subjective...it's just down to the sounds really. Whilst Strymon stuff is undeniably capable, I do personally find them to feel a little sterile, whereas there's so much life in the Mercury - the modulation is stunning... I always favour the weird and wonky, and the Mercury is peerless for that; the descending mod for example, is pure soundtrack and so dramatic (they definitely nailed the Blade Runner feel they were going for). Along with the Moog MF104M it's my favourite pedal of all time I'd say, and it's one that impresses every single time I use it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    no, but I've tried one in a studio. The answer is also predictably subjective...it's just down to the sounds really. Whilst Strymon stuff is undeniably capable, I do personally find them to feel a little sterile, whereas there's so much life in the Mercury - the modulation is stunning... I always favour the weird and wonky, and the Mercury is peerless for that; the descending mod for example, is pure soundtrack and so dramatic (they definitely nailed the Blade Runner feel they were going for). Along with the Moog MF104M it's my favourite pedal of all time I'd say, and it's one that impresses every single time I use it. 
    Feel as though we’re probably on similar pages here. I can make the BigSky sound great, but all the diving and screens and option paralysis just kind of.. irk me? I’d rather have something that does 3-4 things well, with nuance, than something that can do everything pretty well. 
    Feel as though we’re probably on similar pages here. I can make the BigSky sound great, but all the diving and screens and option paralysis just kind of.. irk me? I’d rather have something that does 3-4 things well, with nuance, than something that can do everything pretty well. 
    Whilst The Mercury technically only has two algorithms, I’ve not found anything it can’t do really. I love it. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9534
    Whilst The Mercury technically only has two algorithms, I’ve not found anything it can’t do really. I love it. 
    The Mercury sounded great but the flip side is... it can be difficult to reproduce the results. I love the Big Sky, but I really liekd the  Mercury too; and the Ventris looks superb