Pedal Power advice

beard0beard0 Frets: 0
edited March 2014 in FX
Hi all, Can't believe this is actually my first post since MR went down....sure it shouldn't have taken this long!! Anyway, I've decided to finally do away with extension leads and multiple PSUs and buy a new pedalboard power supply. I have a fair number of effects on my board, including two high draw Strymons, so I have my eye on either the VL Mondo or the Cioks ciokolate. I'm honestly leaning towards the Cioks but was wondering if anyone here has any advice on choosing between the two? Thinking experience of reliability/overheating issues, the included (or availability of) accessories, manufacture support etc. Ta.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    I use a hot stone deluxe which would be about half the price of the mondo. I'm powering a mobius and timeline as well as other digital pedals by tc electronic. It is brilliant. I've tried daisy chaining drive pedals from it as 8 outputs wasn't quite enough for me and it works fine with no extra noise.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I bought a Cioks a few months ago and couldn't be happier, it's very nicely built and they have a great range to suit different needs. I've had to buy a few accessories and the only UK option I can see is Hotrox, not an issue though as they always seem to have the right bits in stock.
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I've never heard of anyone having problems with either of those units - both top in their field, tbh. Pick the physically smaller one ;)
  • beard0beard0 Frets: 0
    Thanks for comments. I'll have a look at the Hot Stone and probably go for the Cioks if it's not suitable.
    JDE said:
    Pick the physically smaller one ;)

The way the mains power lead attaches to the Cioks actually suits my board better, so this comment isn't far off!
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1677
    I use the hot stone deluxe with no problems at all.

But if you're rich enough to have multiple Strymons, then you're jolly well rich enough to afford the mondo ;)
  • beard0beard0 Frets: 0
    So I went for the CIOKS. Pricey, so hurt the wallet a little more than I would have liked :-S But great quality, more than enough output options with plenty of current to spare! Also noticed an improvement in tone. Highly recommended PSU.