Where to buy, double cut JR pickguard (tortoise)

What's Hot
I'm struggling to find a reasonably priced pickguard for my recent kit build.  Total cost of guitar was about £95, so really don't want to spend £40 on changing it!

Not to fussy on vintage look, cheap and cheerful is fine!  This shape:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16672
    i don't think anyone does cheap and cheerful tort like this.   you might find a laminated guard, but plain black will look better
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I trust your judgement wez, but my guitar is black and I'm not loving the black on black. I'm emo enough to want black and red ha
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader
    you might want to buy a sheet from wd music and copy your one, forget that i forgot how expensive that sheet is and just looked it up

I made 2 from that sheet but bought really nice ones from mojoaxe, i like them the best btw, not cheap though

I think my tailpiece cost more than your guitar lol, just leave it alone considering what you paid
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    My plan is to (overtime) upgrade the pick guard and the pickup. Its a fun project  

But I'll probably end up spending more than the kit! 
    joeyowen said:
    I trust your judgement wez, but my guitar is black and I'm not loving the black on black. I'm emo enough to want black and red ha
    i did a mojoaxe on worn black, (over a red stain)

tort on black will look mostly black.   I stuck a layer of masking tape on the back to get it to look red 

I want it like this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDO_bpCW8jPfTaTe3BEo27ltgtpFYnmdilCroqndAAfrLh-X3C

Apologies I can't embed on my phone (also apologies for my lack of knowledge ..) 
    Oh, if that’s what you want it’s actually a bit more likely you will find a cheap source.  

You can can also get thin tort for acoustic guards which you can cut with scissors.  You could laminate it onto the guard you have
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Try CH Guitars who stock various blank tortie-solid/laminated and cellulose. He was at the North East Guitar Show and had loads of colours. I bought a solid black one off him to make one for my Junior.
  • I know this is an old post, so you may have resolved this - but in case it's of interest, I made such a pickguard for my scratch build Junior. I bought a transparent acrylic clipboard (£1.50 from a shop called The Works), cut out the guard and painted the back with acrylic art paints - black first, then deep red and finally a complete coat of orange. Not perfect, but easy and cheap and looks acceptable. Sorry for the poor picture.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @philballard ;
     ha I'm well impressed fair play.

I might give it go.  I settled with the black guard that came with it, but you've got me thinking
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom