12 String case

Can anybody please help me? I am wanting, preferably, a hard case for my 12 string Dreadnought to protect it when I take it out but I am struggling to find one without paying a fortune.  If all else fails I would settle on a gig bag as long as it was a reasonable one.  I have got a gig bag for it but it only just fits into it and it is very tight at the headstock which is not ideal. Any ideas much appreciated. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    My Martin 12-string lives in a Hiscox, but I don't know if that counts as 'paying a fortune'...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    I have a man working on the case.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    ICBM said:
    My Martin 12-string lives in a Hiscox, but I don't know if that counts as 'paying a fortune'...
    What price the protection for a loved instrument? Even a top of the range Hiscox has to be worth less than a repair job + the downgraded value + the emotional pain.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 247
    Thanks guys! I don’t term a Hiscox as a fortune as they are great cases. Spoke to my local Guitar shop today and they can order various ones in. Think I will carry on using the gig bag for a while and save up for a Hiscox. 
    Hope it doesn't take you too long. In the meantime, be careful :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    My jazzbox lives in a Stagg case. tbh I don't think a Stagg case is much more protection than a gigbag. When I have the money for a Hiscox ...