SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Mustang/Explorer/Jagstang/???

This is a new record for me, student loan has been in my bank all of 12 hours and already I've spent half the day on ebay. I'm looking for something similar to one of the following:
Fender Mustang - most likely an old MIJ, not a massive fan of matching headstocks or competition stripes and the older the better, any colour but red. Don't fancy one of the new cheaper ones
Gibson explorer - gotta be pre 2008 and either black or white
Jagstang - preferably blue
Jaguar - kinda clutching at straws here but might take a nice CIJ jag, again not red

May also be interested in something else similar to anything above, just no strats or teles and nothing red (through some weird coincidence almost all of my guitars are red)

Not too fussed about condition as long as it works and no major breaks. Hardcase would be nice and somewhere local to either Nottingham or Leeds

Budget is around £600 but could potentially stretch. I've got a Fender supersonic head I'm trying to sell so could even do a deal with that if anyone wants it

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChéChé Frets: 304
    I have a Fender Cyclone for sale if you’re interested.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    I’ve owned lots of jagstangs, mustangs and jaguars. The cyclone is a good shout especially as this ones had the intonation issue sorted. No affiliation to the seller just giving my opinion. 
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    The Cyclone @Ché selling looks sweet, was tempted myself but I'm desperately trying (and failing) to track down the elusive US built Cyclones. On my search I happened across this incase it's of interest:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-JAG-STANG-1st-ISSUE-FACTORY-SONIC-BLUE-MIJ-V-SERIAL-1996-97-JAPAN-NIRVANA/292525023300?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
  • That cyclone does look purdy but the reason I’m drawn to the mustangs is the bridge pickup so it being a humbucker I’m not sure I’d love it quite the same. I’ll see what else comes up but I might still be interested.

I’m only really drawn to the jagstangs because of how ugly they are, I’m sure they sound like arse but that one’s strangely well priced for GSG so I might drop them a message!