The Windrush People

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 6256
    it's starting to sound like a Yes Minister script they rejected as so far fetched no one would ever believe it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 11477

rocktron said:
    Breaking News: Windrush Generation Immigration Landing Cards Found

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5640647/Arrival-records-tens-thousands-Windrush-generation-found.html

So the records were available after all where they should be found - the National Archives.

This is turning into a Home Office farce.
    Not quite. The NA files are landing ledgers, not cards.
    Clarity over quantity.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 16962
    rocktron said:
    Breaking News: Windrush Generation Immigration Landing Cards Found

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5640647/Arrival-records-tens-thousands-Windrush-generation-found.html

So the records were available after all where they should be found - the National Archives.

This is turning into a Home Office farce.
    No .. the landing cards were destroyed. These are Board of Trade records.

Going forward lots of personal information will have to be destroyed due to GDPR rules and the right to be forgotten. And the twat at the National Archives rant has convinced me that all my data will be destroyed when I die. He and his chums aren't getting it.
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    edited April 22
    Skipped said:
    This is scandalous.
     The woman is 81 and the Tories have destroyed her life.
    This damage cannot be repaired.

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/national/16174522.Windrush_era_migrants____denied_re_entry_to_Britain_after_Caribbean_visits___/
    Interesting. If you check other articles she's been in Jamaica since 2009 - when Gretel arrived at Tilbury Docks in East London, aged 24, all those years ago, she had a Jamaican ­passport with a stamp inside giving her indefinite leave to remain.

But that document was stolen in a 2006 burglary at her house in Lambeth. She applied for a new one and her daughter Pauline ­Blackwood immediately filed a police report.

The authorities told Gretel she would not be given a UK passport and if she left Britain she would need to apply for a visa on her new Jamaican passport.

This was on Labour's watch after which it would simply have been a procedural civil service matter so I doubt it was ever brought to May's attention.

And .. her children have tried to gather the evidence of her residency on her behalf but at every turn, they say, they have been blocked. It took a year for Pauline (daughter) to get a meeting with a Lambeth council (Labour) director who promised to help as they hold her housing records but she claims nothing has happened.

Total incompetence at all levels from Tory run Home Office top Labour run Lambeth Council.

Chosen a left-wing paper for balance.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/im-heartbroken-cant-rejoin-children-12400561

It doesn't reflect well on the UK but neither Labour nor the Tories come out of this well. It was Labour that wanted ID cards to help control immigrants and access to services like the NHS.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 991
    I was against ID cards until I experienced their use overseas. Wholly support them now, if you aren't up to no good they are a great idea and would help out greatly with things like NHS abuses and benefit fraud. 

As you were on the OP though, May is still an idiot.

.....and what to my wondering eyes should appear.....      nothing.......

Boromedic said:

As you were on the OP though, May is still an idiot.
    That's an insult to the many idiots who are actually harmless. Hopefully she'll be gone next year ...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 991
    Hahaha, fingers crossed!

.....and what to my wondering eyes should appear.....      nothing.......