Mini wahs

What's Hot
ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
I do like using a wah but they are bulky so I was so considering a mini. Any thoughts or experiences?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I have played the Chi Wah Wah and Morley mini. Both are excellent and have read good things about the AMT too. I have the Morley for sale as I now have a Helix.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    I have the Plutomeium Chi wah wah which has a clever treadle avoiding the usual problem of mini ways which is the reduced surface area. Great sounding too.
  • Cry baby mini is the best I’ve tried.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

The Cry baby mini is very good.  I never found mine difficult to use.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    A variation on these is the Boss and Xotic as they're the next size up and still not quite a full sized wah.

In fact I'm selling my Boss one ;)
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    The Mooer Wahter looks nice, auto wah with a classic sound. Haven't tried one myself but I could do with a switch less mini wah myself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    The Mooer is certainly one of the more interesting and versatile wahs out there (3 modes of operation). The fold out wings look useful.
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    I have the AMT Japanese Girl Wah. Sounds great. After using a normal full sized wah, it does take a little while to get used to the size of the thing. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Crybaby mini for me. Great sounding wah and I actually prefer it to the larger one.
  • Dunlop Mini Wah is fantastic, absolutely awesome when I used it with a Muffroom Cloud some time ago and seems to handle drives really well. Ahem! cough! cough! I've one up for sale too if interested?  
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Hotone Soul Press (or whatever the orange one is called) Really nice sounding and also functions as a volume & expression if needed 
    How very rock and roll
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    I liked the look of the Mooer - and then realised it doesn't take batteries. 
    I think the crybaby may be the one. Currently waiting for someone on Ebay to pay for their hat and then I can buy one.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    AMT Japanese Girl. Great sounding wah with three modes and LED lights so you know when you've accidentally not turned it off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I’d go for the mini Cry Baby... it’s easily the best of the ones I’ve tried. I didn’t think too much of the AMT Jap Girl I have to say.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Xotic is amazing, but pricey
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I like the size of the Xotic and can see that going on a board but I like switchless wahs.    Hotone do a purple one but are there any other smaller sized switchless wahs?
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352

The AMT, Chi Wah Wah and Morley are the only ones that I know of that are switchless.

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    John_P said:
    I like the size of the Xotic and can see that going on a board but I like switchless wahs.    Hotone do a purple one but are there any other smaller sized switchless wahs?
    Dunlop bought out a Crybaby Bass Mini Wah a few years ago - that's switchless, just like the bigger one. I'm investigating buying one, just because I'm not a massive fan of normal or conventional wah sounds.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Lots of sweep on the Caline Hot Spice and can double as a Vol pedal too. Got mine for about £42 off Aliex
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Cry baby mini is great. Kicked my fulltone Clyde deluxe off the board.